• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

webntweb

Old Broads Boats

On 12/06/2019 at 14:41, webntweb said:

Golden Emblem 4 at Thurne in September 81

576a Thurne Mill.jpg

Lovely picture. I don't remember there being a mooring in that location on the main river. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Lovely picture. I don't remember there being a mooring in that location on the main river. 

Looks like it`s wild moored to the bank. It seems to have been more popular back then.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Looks like it`s wild moored to the bank. It seems to have been more popular back then.

Yes Neil, there were still plenty of wild moorings in those days,

• Like 2

Wroxham Friday evening in early September 81 - mixed bag of weather the last couple of days.

Some of Loynes fleet of woodies. Can see a couple of Lock Ness class; maybe a Loch Tulla or Arron class. Is the nearest one Loch Sandy?.

The nearest boat sheds are Loynes - can't remember if the newer sheds next to them are Loynes as well.

Would the sheds in the distance on the left of pic still have been Ernest Collins at this date?

Pic is very grainy as scanned from a slide that has deteriorated.

625a Wroxham.jpg

• Like 7

I was 9 years old when that photo was taken, I can remember sitting on that white ramp a few times !

The sheds on the other side of Loynes dyke do indeed belong to them, they were their building sheds. The sheds right down on the corner I think were W.K. Barnes which became Barnes Brinkcraft which was just around the corner and into Daisy broad, and was pwned by a Mr Brinkhoff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi the sheds on the left are Ernest Collins and became Barnes Sailloft property and the mooring in front, in the far centre you have Jack Powles. Presumably this photo was taken cc 1980 based on the boats and sheds remaining. Great to see these photos seems like yesterday. Before my time however I believe Powles used to be on left and Collins on the right back in the 50s/60s 

Neil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Constellation 2 and Crusader 4 at St Olaves, September 66

321 Chris St Olaves Constellation & Crusader 4.jpg

• Like 5