New Barnes Brinkcraft website

Dan

Hi Everyone

I see Barnes Brinkcraft have refreshed their website with a much more modern, clean & fresh design.

The fleet seems to be better represented with clearer photos, and an internal picture of each class which a quickly growing number of operators seem to have caught onto. They have photo'd well and all look pretty nice to me, so I'm sure this will only help them.

The 29ft "Brinks Jazz" class is an interesting one - some early '90s dual steer 2/4 berths that have come back rom Connoisseur/Le Boat in France and they were doing lots o work on last time I wandered past.

http://www.barnesbrinkcraft.co.uk/home/

All the best

Dan

Yes, text spill on Opera too.

Attractive site though.

I'm always surprised at some of the Meta Tag keywords for many Pro websites, "Boating, East Anglia, norfolk, Suffolk, norfolkbroads, boats, boat, boat hire"

No one can never rank very high on any lists with such general keywords. :)

A big improvement on the previous website that's for sure. The interior photos sell the boats well and makes me feel I could be tempted to hire from them. A year or two ago that was a lot of very negative feedback on the 'other forum' particularly and I wouldn't have touched Barnes with a barge pole.

I liked Brinks Jazz from when I first saw it in the 2010 Blakes brochure. It's an unusual (for the Broads) design and very good value I think. My only concern with the design is as helmsman using the outdoor position I would feel detached from my loved one(s) if they chose to remain inside (which my children tend to do).

My only concern with the design is as helmsman using the outdoor position I would feel detached from my loved one(s) if they chose to remain inside (which my children tend to do).

You should consider yourself lucky, many parents I see spend most of their holiday trying to prevent their kids from falling overboard!

Is it just me, or is Brink of Day no longer available? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of them out on the rivers at the end of the season.

Was that the Alpha 42 footer Pete? I think I saw one for sale on their boat sales website but could be wrong. Its not there now.

cheersbar

Have found one of them listed here. I guess they've been phased out, and replaced with the newer, smarter lullabys and melodys.

Hi Pete

The last Brink of Day (only one ran this year) was retired at the end of the season and has been sold I seem to remember.

The other two were sold last year or possibly one the year before, and the one for sale on Riverside looks good value - the one from Brinks was up at £10,000 more than that, and it's a lot of relatively young boat for £42,000, though I think its fair to say it is one of the least popular/liked Alphas.

As well as Brink of Day, also retired this year was one of the Brinks Preludes, Royal Star, Orient Star & Brinks Duchess. It looks like the fleet size has therefore stayed about the same (with the 29ft Brinks Jazz class being added) but some of the larger boats have left - which I guess gives them more mooring options or maybe balances the fleet to demand/ease of running more?

All the best

Dan