My Day

LizG

12 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Returning to the UK today from the mid east, so my day started packing and looking for long trousers and anything made of wool.

Not sure I can remember what =5C feels like, I'll find out soon enough though.

Does snow kill off the green mould?

This coming Friday 03rd I am supposed to be onboard and taking 'B.A' round to Horning on Saturday for a memorial cruise on that there party boat - Can't see that happening

Quoting mysen here, got my dates mixed up and in front of mysen too.  It's Fri 9th we are supposed to be coming down not this Friday so there is time yet

Griff

Hmmm, looking at the cossh report Wet and forget looks as bad for the enviroment as the  Patio maigic I suggested and got an ear bashing for.

wet and forget

http://complyplus.grainger.com/grainger/msds.asp?sheetid=3809640

patio magic

http://www.whelehangardening.ie/_fileupload/341990 4010340 Patio Magic 2_5l.pdf

I think I might take my fenders off and clean them with patio magic at home though

It's been a bad one .......

Work has been cancelled for 3 days .

Pager went off this morning ( retained firefighter) 7.30. Lorry  fire on the motorway. Had to dig my van out of drive, by the time I was on fire engine my hands and feet were like blocks of ice. Motorway was like the North Pole , horizontal snow , gear absoloutley soaking wet by the end . Got my first coffee about 10am , hence big headache. 

Back home to find my fence , which was already temp shored up , was almost over in the gales . A few hours trying to save it while the wind and snow totally bullied me . . It's kind of hanging by a thread just now, but if this wind keeps up ( which it will, ! )it's just a matter of time untill it is half way up the street . ( this is all the cause of a rotten post, it was a professional who put it up and did a good job ) 

Then my wife and daughter who are due to go to Tenerife tomorrow  for a few days to see the outlaws, have had there flights cancelled. Of course my wife is gutted not to see her mum or get a bit sun. My daughter is stuck at her uni digs in Edinburgh ( 30 miles away) and all trains and buses are off, with police strongly advising no non essential travel.

We have about 2 foot of snow with some of it drifting up to 3 feet. The snow continues to fall , the wind blows hard , my fence is waving about like a flag up a pole!!!  My wife is understandably down in the dumps.

On the plus side , I have plenty beers, what time is it acceptable on a Thursday afternoon to crack one open?!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

It is funny, yesterday I arrived at the office after a 3 hour drive to find it closed (those who made it worked anyway)- email last night- office open tomorrow, easy drive in- no traffic to speak of and no hold ups, arrive at the office 7am. since then the weather has been way worse than yesterday roads have been covered in snow again - any sign of shutting up shop early - not a sausage, yesterday despite all the snowfall, the car remained clear of snow, today it has about an inch all over, so i will have to clear it off before I leave, fingers crossed the motorways are clear tonight.

Though I do see the A2 closed both ways at the moment at ebbsfleet for a 'police incident'

5 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

It's been a bad one .......

Work has been cancelled for 3 days .

Pager went off this morning ( retained firefighter) 7.30. Lorry  fire on the motorway. Had to dig my van out of drive, by the time I was on fire engine my hands and feet were like blocks of ice. Motorway was like the North Pole , horizontal snow , gear absoloutley soaking wet by the end . Got my first coffee about 10am , hence big headache. 

Back home to find my fence , which was already temp shored up , was almost over in the gales . A few hours trying to save it while the wind and snow totally bullied me . . It's kind of hanging by a thread just now, but if this wind keeps up ( which it will, ! )it's just a matter of time untill it is half way up the street . ( this is all the cause of a rotten post, it was a professional who put it up and did a good job ) 

Then my wife and daughter who are due to go to Tenerife tomorrow  for a few days to see the outlaws, have had there flights cancelled. Of course my wife is gutted not to see her mum or get a bit sun. My daughter is stuck at her uni digs in Edinburgh ( 30 miles away) and all trains and buses are off, with police strongly advising no non essential travel.

We have about 2 foot of snow with some of it drifting up to 3 feet. The snow continues to fall , the wind blows hard , my fence is waving about like a flag up a pole!!!  My wife is understandably down in the dumps.

On the plus side , I have plenty beers, what time is it acceptable on a Thursday afternoon to crack one open?!!!!!!!!!

It's definitely not nice up there I've just been viewing videos sent by my niece 14 miles from Edinburgh. But it's not much better here. On the minor road I live on we have 3ft snow drifts and it's blowing a hoolie at the moment. I've put in a days leave for tomorrow...

• Like 1

After 25 year of living in the mid east, I wonder if I can remember how to drive on snow and ice, sand dunes and rocks I'm quite happy on.

Hope to make Brundall later.

3 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

After 25 year of living in the mid east, I wonder if I can remember how to drive on snow and ice, sand dunes and rocks I'm quite happy on.

By all accounts Station Road is very difficult to go down and up even for 4 wheel drive vehicles especially just before the railway crossing.

We are now leaving our visit to the Broads until Monday.

I see Richardson's have cancelled all of their booking from today through to Tuesday.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Not great at all around the Salhouse area, I tried to get on to the A47 through Little Plumstead but has to turn back. It's the wind causing the snow drifts across  the fields , also quite bad the other direction pass the church to Wroxham.  At the moment the area has no water as I think there is a large burst somewhere in the area so no toilets showers etc! All good fun.

John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

By all accounts Station Road is very difficult to go down and up even for 4 wheel drive vehicles especially just before the railway crossing.

I see Richardson's have cancelled all of their booking from today through to Tuesday.

Regards

Alan

I have just spoken to Nick at Brian Wards, Tingdene and NYA are back at work today, Broom's are using skeleton staff.

Nick has reported that there is not an issue with Station Road that I reported earlier, he does say that the road after the Yare has not seen much traffic, so anyone should be careful there.

Regards

Alan

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Regards

Alan

Brundall was OK (virtually no snow on the roads at all) including Station Road thanks; only tricky bit was when I went "off piste" on the access road that runs behind our boats in the marina.

19 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Brundall was OK (virtually no snow on the roads at all) including Station Road thanks; only tricky bit was when I went "off piste" on the access road that runs behind our boats in the marina.

Maybe I should have qualified my traffic report  in case anyone is stuck in a drift somewhere in Brundall thinks I was so far "off piste" that I ended up in the Yare. I came east on the A 47 from the A11 and then took the first exit to BrundallT

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I have just spoken to Nick at Brian Wards, Tingdene and NYA are back at work today, Broom's are using skeleton staff.

Nick has reported that there is not an issue with Station Road that I reported earlier, he does say that the road after the Yare has not seen much traffic, so anyone should be careful there.

Regards

Alan

At least the skeleton staff won’t feel the cold. :default_norty:

• Haha 2

Our Friday started at two o’clock this morning. I woke to the sound of dripping water to find water pouring through the bathroom ceiling. Yep, burst pipe! Spent the next couple of hours mopping up and putting buckets in appropriate places. It had come through our bedroom ceiling but worse still it had found its way to the ground floor and was pouring through one of the ceiling light fittings in the lounge! Drying out now but I think it will take a while. Then eventually it will be out with the paint pots to try and make good. Not a good start to March for us. :default_sad:

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Philosophical said:

Go down to great Yarmouth the council have the JCB out.... To clear the sand blown into town

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 12:19, Labrador said:

Today and yesterday I've been bullied by a robin into feeding him, keeps whizzing after me into the conservatory.

SAM_0601 (1024x768).jpg

SAM_0603 (1024x768).jpg

That's one fat robin, what are you feeding him , Steak ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2