My Day

LizG

Thank you Katie

I've been friends with her since school and have known her Nan since too. Nan is a beautiful, kind lady, we love her to bits. I just hope she pulls through to see her Granddaughter get married. I'm okay maybe a bit emotional if I'm honest 

Thank you so much for the support, bless you

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gracie said:

Well my day didn't go to plan today unfortunately. My best friends Nan had a nasty fall a couple of weeks ago now, dislocating her shoulder and a nasty gash on her head. She was doing really well but then developed a chest infection that's resulted with her back in the ICU on life support. I got a tearful phone call from my friend and of course I dropped everything to be with her. We are really hoping she pulls through and makes it to my friends wedding in May which she was so looking forward to. Now home and poured myself a glass of wine, in my comfys checking if you lot are behaving yourself on the forum and answer a couple of messages from my gorgeous friend

Grace

9 hours ago, Gracie said:

Thank you Katie

I've been friends with her since school and have known her Nan since too. Nan is a beautiful, kind lady, we love her to bits. I just hope she pulls through to see her Granddaughter get married. I'm okay maybe a bit emotional if I'm honest 

Thank you so much for the support, bless you

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

Sorry to hear about this babe. 

Speak to you soon :default_icon_kiss:

Over to Norfolk today. We stopped for an early lunch at Elveden Estate Courtyard and then headed to Upton.  Doug met us there and we spent a busy afternoon crawling around Brilliant's bilges, as you do :default_biggrin:, and removing anything portable that could come home for varnishing, loo door, cupboard doors, locker tops and bunk sides. This was all most satisfactory. 

We headed for our mooring and I got my wellies out to paddle through to our shed, which is above the water level, just, I checked that out to see all was well , it was.

It was then time for the obligatory pilgrimage to Roy's for scones and a browse for bargains. Now, most unfortunately, I had left my bank cards at home, :default_biggrin: so Phill paid up.

We had booked into The Swan in Horning for overnight, the rooms are newly refurbished and ours looked really lovely. 

Dinner was a chance to meet up with Steve and Nik, and Doug, so we convened at The New Inn for a delicious meal and enjoyable chat, thanks guys for the excellent company.

We are back at The Swan now so nighty night!

• Like 8

This sort of thing does not happen to me very often, so I thought I'd write about it.

First thing I do when I buy a boat is to go through every locker, drawer space etc. and remove all the stuff that I don't want before I put on my stuff on my stuff, most of which I don't need.

In going through this task I found some little plastic bits which went into the bin with all the other junk, for some reason I fished them out and put them somewhere "safe". Today (one year later) I was dong a job and a fixing part was missing, you've guessed it the part I saved. The bit was really surprised me was that I could remember  where it was since for me "put somewhere safe" usually means put in a box that becomes lost.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a really good day. Beautiful weather but the breeze was a little chilly, however most important it had a lot of West in it so very fair for where we were going.

I drove to Ranworth parked at the rear of St Helens Church and walked around the front to wait for the minibus. After introductions the bus arrived and transfered us to Barton House where we boarded Hathor for our 5 hour sail to Ranworth. Great sail in great company. Olive was coming up behind but engaged on crew training.

Back home now, feeling lazy, so off to buy Fish & Chips.20180501_131435.thumb.jpg.ef645940d17b12594b3b7bfce16328b4.jpg20180501_145827.thumb.jpg.8a177900e4796c704ffbb3be828cd2c5.jpg20180501_141022.thumb.jpg.0c1c56d26726a831344fb3a7553c8866.jpg

• Like 12

On 01/05/2018 at 18:16, ChrisB said:

I have had a really good day. Beautiful weather but the breeze was a little chilly, however most important it had a lot of West in it so very fair for where we were going.

I drove to Ranworth parked at the rear of St Helens Church and walked around the front to wait for the minibus. After introductions the bus arrived and transfered us to Barton House where we boarded Hathor for our 5 hour sail to Ranworth. Great sail in great company. Olive was coming up behind but engaged on crew training.

Back home now, feeling lazy, so off to buy Fish & Chips.20180501_131435.thumb.jpg.ef645940d17b12594b3b7bfce16328b4.jpg20180501_145827.thumb.jpg.8a177900e4796c704ffbb3be828cd2c5.jpg20180501_141022.thumb.jpg.0c1c56d26726a831344fb3a7553c8866.jpg

We took the oppurtunity to have a look around Hathor at how hill today, a really enjoyable time with a very knowledgeable lady explaining everything. I'd recommend anyone who gets the chance to have a look.

At how hill most Sundays and bank holidays up til 28 Sept.

I've actually got a day off!  Well - nearly, I had to go visit a client so as I could provide them with an estimate, so cleared it with them to be unprofessional and go on the mighty Tiger.  First time I've had the leg-over this year and boy, have I missed it or what?  The Tiger positively roars, (probably due to the un-baffled Beowoulf exhaust) The distance to clients house was fifteen mile each way, I've done over seventy, and dare I admit the front tyre has done a bit less?  Now to put Tiger away, get my sparky's head on and off to my Lads renovation house and continue with ground floor first fix wiring for a few hours.  This evening me and MrsG are off to an eightieth B'day party.  Then it'll be the Harvey Arms this evening for the Lads gathering as per the norm.  The wx up here today is just perfect, proper hot, a bit too hot for Macie dogs liking.  I bet it's scorching on the rivers.  Every day should be like this

Griff

BA NBN 399.JPG

• Like 10

Much of the day was spent in the shade, prepping Brilliant's bunk fronts for varnishing. Nice surroundings on the patio in newly landscaped back garden, were a good place to be.

The big mystery of the  missing knot that fell out  from one front is now solved,  the safe place I put this, as I now recall, is in the table drawer, on Brilliant, in Norfolk...:default_icon_eek: So sticking it back in place will have to wait.

Team Brilliant was complete by lunchtime so the first BBQ of the year was lit and a very nice burger, steak, salad and garlic bread was had with Dave(Warp) and Jess, further along the patio.

Tomorrow is varnishing early am,  with a plan to visit a craft fair and 'stately'ome' for lunch and afternoon.

• Like 3

My day was more my weekend.  I didn't make the Horning Boat Show nor the Swallows & Amazons talk at Norfolk Broads Yacht Club  (although WR did make it there - that was another story!).

My weekend was a quick dash to Cardiff to see my first grandchild who was born at 01:01 weighing in at 7lb 10oz on Saturday 5th May!  Mum and baby are doing okay although they did have a pretty rough/tough time.  First picture is 13 hours old and the second 1 day and 13 hours old!

Although his first interest will be cycling, I am hoping he will also like sailing and boats!  He will probably also be tri-lingual with Welsh, English and Polish as languages he will be able to speak!

IMG_20180505_142310779[1].jpg

IMG_20180506_143153426[1].jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

Went for a run out on my bike today and promptly ran out of petrol as the low fuel light isn’t working. 

Isn’t that why we call them ‘idiot lights’ (no personal insult intended)?

Must get mine out the garage and MOTed. Sailing has been getting in the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w-album said:

My day was more my weekend.  I didn't make the Horning Boat Show nor the Swallows & Amazons talk at Norfolk Broads Yacht Club  (although WR did make it there - that was another story!).

My weekend was a quick dash to Cardiff to see my first grandchild who was born at 01:01 weighing in at 7lb 10oz on Saturday 5th May!  Mum and baby are doing okay although they did have a pretty rough/tough time.  First picture is 13 hours old and the second 1 day and 13 hours old!

Although his first interest will be cycling, I am hoping he will also like sailing and boats!  He will probably also be tri-lingual with Welsh, English and Polish as languages he will be able to speak!

IMG_20180505_142310779[1].jpg

IMG_20180506_143153426[1].jpg

Oh Liz he's beautiful, or should we start calling you Nana?

Congratulations to you and your family

I want one :default_biggrin:

Grace

21 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh Liz he's beautiful, or should we start calling you Nana?

Congratulations to you and your family

I want one :default_biggrin:

Grace

Thank you Gracie - I think I might be Granny Liz.  Not sure yet, it might be a something that develops.  Mum and baby being allowed home later which is very good news.

• Like 2

Talking of stairs - My MrsG fell down our stairs in the early hours of this morning, full length top to bottom.  That resulted in a visit to the A&E at Donny.  Thankfully nothing broken but proper bruised and battered.  So much so that I will have to assist her in the shower this evening 

:default_icon_e_surprised: 'Tis a far far greater thing I do now'

So I'm now thinking of an adult size safety stair gate with a Stannah stair lift - Those suggestions did not go down  too well and I'd better watch mysen or it'll be me needing the next visit to A&E :default_blink:

Griff

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

So I'm now thinking of an adult size safety stair gate with a Stannah stair lift - Those suggestions did not go down  too well and I'd better watch mysen or it'll be me needing the next visit to A&E :default_blink:

I am glad nothing is broken, quick recovery I hope. Stair gate and Stannah lift had me in stitches.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

well at least we will know if you 'accidentally' fall down the stairs too, that the stairgate and Stannah stair lift were needed

• Haha 1

Had a walk round my estate this morning and decided it was going to be much too warm for the jobs that I had in mind. I drove to Blakeney and had a lovely walk on the marshes with a pleasant breeze. I resisted the fish and chips of The Kings Arms ( to be recommended ) and the quayside burger van ( also very good ) and had a very nice crab salad from the seafood stall.

Charlie Ward has Juno looking immaculate ready for the charter season.20180508_120522.thumb.jpg.69fbebc28152c2b323938be1408f99e7.jpgl20180508_134620.thumb.jpg.a1573f082bd6b5e236b7e6c13a9d1afa.jpg20180508_120638.thumb.jpg.f29557644bfc322be9be7e48508fa37b.jpgl

• Like 10