My Day

LizG

We went to Evenley Wood Gardens, near Bicester, today with our eldest son Harry and dog Seren. Caught the last blooms of their rhododendrons and azelias and had a lovely (and keenly priced) lunch there. It’s a lovely privately owned garden, so not that expensive to get in to. A bit off the beaten track.

Bliss.

7371EEF0-EA4F-4A2B-BB61-329307363526.thumb.jpeg.84a76b22fbf47b6c5a9d176bc68624f6.jpeg

BC40B53B-F8C0-4508-B633-753C2DA99923.thumb.jpeg.a1eb35927857b123248e845795be5789.jpeg

662F2891-A5C8-4F45-9CBE-0C57618E3EC8.thumb.jpeg.4582df89f6483342d0e7f9d89f600506.jpeg

Missing our youngest son Alec already...he flew out to Santa Clarita, California a couple of days ago and is staying with a friend there until the end of August. My baby (um...he’s 25!)  left home!

• Like 3

Oops, should have posted this earlier - The finished article.

Today's was an 18m2 patio area with 600 x 600 porcelain tiles, started at 0800, completed including grout and polish wash by 1630.

Tomorrow at same location I start a 37m2 BBQ area.  What is unusual about this one, is that the tiles are 1250 x 300 and 20mm thick! each tile weighs in at 18kg, I just know they are gonna be a b*gger to cut never mind lay them avoiding any lips, joy and glee, can't wait

Griff

BA NBN 400.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Today's was an 18m2 patio area with 600 x 600 porcelain tiles, started at 0800, completed including grout and polish wash by 1630.

Tomorrow at same location I start a 37m2 BBQ area.  What is unusual about this one, is that the tiles are 1250 x 300 and 20mm thick! each tile weighs in at 18kg, I just know they are gonna be a b*gger to cut never mind lay them avoiding any lips, joy and glee, can't wait

Griff

BA NBN 400.JPG

Very Victorian looking indeed, nice job Griff

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

BA NBN 400.JPG

If there was a "coal hole" in the garden, then it would look just like the front of our Grannies old house.

today will likely be spent on computer repair, one of my laptops had been running slow, I decided to reboot it, and that took 2 hours - hmm problem. rebooted again and now it tells me its scanning the c drive and repairing 5 hours later its at 9%. left through the day while at work, and get home to find the auto repair failed. testing this morning shows the c drive partition has dissapeared, so a new 500 gb ssd hard drive has been procured, currently I am running a diagnostic on the old hard drive, once that has finished then its partition recovery to get to the data, then it just needs to be transferred to the new hard drive. If I cannot recover the partition, then it may need to be rebuilt from the recovery partition, but then I will lose any data on the machine.

Had a great view of the flypast for the Queen's official birthday today. We are very fortunate to be right under their flight path into London once they have come into formation. The planes literally fly down our street a few minutes before you see them on the tv over Buckingham Palace. Amazing to see the Red Arrows again and they put their white smoke on as they flew over. Very exciting. :)

• Like 1

They usually fly over our offices as they circle ready to head for the mall, just off the M25 at junction 29.

on the computer front, I have given up trying to recover the old hard drive so the machine will become a linux laptop, it will just depend if I can run my 3d printer software on it (which is windows software)

After months of trying to convince my self I can still ride a motorcycle I’ve finally realised I can’t.  An old wrist injury and a touch of arthritis in the other arm I was in agony after 20 miles.  The bike has now gone but I’m not too down hearted as I picked the keys up for my lastest addition to the family.

Here is Hele enjoying her self a bit too much I had to prize the keys out of her hand.

#topdown#tonupmotoring

CCD0D511-5906-4370-9B60-18F3FF2AD3B8.jpeg

Edited by brundallNavy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just can't imagine not having my the Mighty Tiger to play on. Just passed it's latest MOT last week.  I have just had to order a DID chain, front and rear sprockets at nearly £200 - ouch - To be fair though I have so much enjoyed wearing out the present set

Griff

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

The thing is with motorcycles, the older you get the smaller they need to be, I built this over the winter for my wife to ride, I had one when I was 17, so for me its a joy.

Nice, I still regret selling my last Fireblade, I am on the lookout for a nice VFR nowadays, a little more comfortable for the longer days out down to the south coast :default_wink: