• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Had a good walk at Felbrigg this morning. The woods were stunning reminded me of the Beech Woods of The Chilterns. 

Still I will be down there soon for a driven day.

20181109_120135.thumb.jpg.18f434c412993a16a66526ed86016665.jpg20181109_120141.thumb.jpg.84d8645a27599a955397c84114be7892.jpg

• Like 5

Had to break off from work this forenoon and get a new boot on the mighty Tiger.  A Michelin Road Pilot 5.  Now just need to get it scrubbed in

Griff

BA NBN 453.JPG

BA NBN 454.JPG

BA NBN 455.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our day

Setting up a new 3 account (mobile broadband) for our friend in a nursing home who has just bought a Sonos Beam, a smart TV and an Amazon Firestick,  all with Alexa built in as he now cannot move anything below his neck. That's been a real challenge....but we've done it because we love him and if we hadn't done it, no-one else would 

D xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday evening me and MrsG went to the Vue cinema in Donny to watch Bohemian Rhapsody.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it.  If you have not been to the big screen this year or have been but no intention of going again - Take my advice and GO SEE THIS FILM.  It really is good, in fact much better than good.  Watching it on blue ray / home screen will be good but on the big screen with proper surround system it really is superb

Griff

• Like 3

I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last week, the reviews are not great but Queen were not liked by the press.  There are a few large holes in the script but I also thought it was fantastic, by the end you thought it really was Queen - great entertainment.

• Like 1

And of course I just had to go on YouTube and see Queen at live aid 85 - awesome 

Griff

• Like 2

A little late,  but Sunday of course was sailing day,   after we had lowered the flags for the 2minutes silence. 

This week it was our turn on duty I was on the rescue boats, while my sailing compatriot ran the racing.

Due to the strong winds,  several small dinghies capsized.  Most sorted themselves out,  we had to rescue one laser with a broken mast, another that washed up on a Lee shore. The other rescue boat collected a few boats too. 

In other news, Broadland model railway club  is getting ready for the October 2019 show with 13 layouts, 6 traders and one  trader booked so far. 

It’s time for my yearly trip to London, set off from home at 6:30.  My pool car must be a reject as its like sitting in a bucket of vomit!  I’m currently sat on an tube train to Westminster that rides like a boat doing 30 knots!!  Only difference is I have someone’s bum in my face!!

I’d normally use a train for the whole journey but I’m popping into see mum on the way home.  Plus driving / tube is half the cost!

I’ll try and get a few boaty photos later.

F89354AD-AD20-41B4-8423-4CE60BCBAA95.jpeg

Not much moving but I’ve made is festive! 

9D298948-6FC3-4B14-B472-EFE42774E976.jpeg

01521C8F-5FE1-4D88-B6A9-6BDAC64522B7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

View from my meeting room today, not sure what Nelson would make of today’s goings on at the 2nd photos location !!

I also made some time to pay my respects.

AF3B3571-9F13-4454-9B26-292AD7C4FF41.jpeg

CDD3148B-C66B-4A9E-A73D-09A6ED3178C2.jpeg

A26D4381-53B4-458F-B5B0-67E04AF3DFCE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Something has also left a deposit on Mr Churchill !!

Back onto the tube now and off to visit mum.

355A08F5-513D-4A43-85A1-0A744C778386.jpeg

My day.  Well evening really.   Just came back from watching Bohemian Rhapsody at the Trowbridge Odeon.  FANTASTIC.  No-one in the theatre was under 40 and we were all rocking.  Even Martin thoroughly enjoyed it and he is not easily pleased.

I haven't heard anyone who has watched it that hasn't come back 'buzzed'!  S

• Like 1

3 forklift driving tests this morning,

1130 left scotland, blazing sunshine, A66 thick fog, A1 also for most of the way ,also usual friday mayhem ,arrived scunthorpe 1705, averaged 45 mph horrible run glad to be home

5 minutes ago, chameleon said:

3 forklift driving tests this morning,

1130 left scotland, blazing sunshine, A66 thick fog, A1 also for most of the way ,also usual friday mayhem ,arrived scunthorpe 1705, averaged 45 mph horrible run glad to be home

Should have taken the car. Forklifts rarely get over 45 even when the weather is good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Should have taken the car. Forklifts rarely get over 45 even when the weather is good!

The whole world loves a Smart Bottom. Still chuckling at this one Dave

Not my day someone else's bad day near Sheringham  yesterday. 

Advice to a new driver,  Robin don't ignore flashing reds... 

_104383746_train.jpg

• Thanks 1