My Day

LizG

she has asked me to remind everyone in an emergency 999 for the rest 111 (she is on the 111 call centre) while they can get an ambulance sent to an emergency 999 will get it started a little quicker, also they cannot locate you from 111 like 999 can. and rely on you knowing where you are.

Cheers

• Like 2

she has asked me to remind everyone in an emergency 999 for the rest 111 (she is on the 111 call centre) while they can get an ambulance sent to an emergency 999 will get it started a little quicker, also they cannot locate you from 111 like 999 can. and rely on you knowing where you are.
Cheers

Waited an hour for an ambulance Friday, got a solo paramedic who in turn called for an ambulance in a “hot 1”. Even he could not get an ambulance to our location. When the wheels come off they really come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Waited an hour for an ambulance Friday, got a solo paramedic who in turn called for an ambulance in a “hot 1”. Even he could not get an ambulance to our location. When the wheels come off they really come off.

The unavailability of the ambulance service is why you can now get a fire engine coming instead. Seriously

7 hours ago, Matt said:

talking to my daughter, she said that once there is a paramedic on scene then they are equipped for most emergencies, she was saying that last night 999 were stacking up to 45 calls waiting for a call handler to become available (its a totally different call centre to 111), she reckons to get 10 emergency calls per night, just remember 111 are not trained medical staff, they have a small number of clinical staff they can pass the calls to for clinical decisions, or they can redirect to out of hours doctors, but if they too are inundated, that can take time for them to phone back, and if they take too long people blame 111 when its another department.

111 also get all the crank calls, last night my daughters call centre had a persistent caller who was just repeating he was going to kill them, and then people wonder why it takes so long to get through.

1 hour ago, quo vadis said:

That’s ok if your cats stuck up a tree but what about if you have a sore leg? :default_eusa_naughty:

Nah we don't do sore legs. Red 1's, so heart attacks, chest pains, allergic reaction, breathing problems etc.

Some of us are having an easier day that you humans! I may move a bit later, just to they can stoke the fire, and I did notice roast beef in the oven which will hold my attention at dinner time but, apart from that, I am pretty much done for the day!

Happy Christmas 

Chunk :205_dog:IMG_20171225_114629.thumb.jpg.511c3af045b1a0db319dc7f72abb7f09.jpg

• Like 9

Wake up,

Let dog out,

Coffee with some added grouse

Two giant crumpets, for breakfast.

Look on the computer / internet.

Watch TV

Take dog for walk on the beach

Eat Christmas dinner

Afternoon nap.

Fill a tumbler with Highland Park, and start consuming.

Watch Dr Who, 

Continue drinking, eat some British grown walnuts

Check the various internet forums

Continue drinking,

Expect leftovers sandwich shortly.

Bed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thursday 21st, first day of a two day job wall tiling full to the shower area, the remainder of the en-suite half tiled right around, 15m2 in total.  The tiles were fairly large and (disappointingly) porcelain.  Friday 22nd was to be my last working day before re-commencing on 03rd  Jan.  So I get cracked on, so well that as the day progressed I started thinking to mysen, I'll forego having a break/lunch, work late and get the lot tiled today, meaning on the Friday I would be in for an early finish as only had the grouting to do.

At around 1830 I only have 1:65m2 to complete, a small section behind the door where the radiator is to be fixed in place. there are a pair of 10mm pipes with radiator valves sticking out of the stud wall, as I was marking up a tile around the second pipe I had one of 'Those' moments.  You know the ones, where eyes are telling brain information that is unequivocal, (Good posh large word for a 'Griff' is that)  is right there in front of you but you still don't quite believe what you are seeing.  What had occurred was, due to poor workmanship when the house was initially built (Persimmon - No surprise there then) the damn pipe fell off / out of the stud wall followed by a jet of hot water! :default_icon_e_surprised:

Once brain had accepted what eyes were seeing and after what seemed like an age, my cat like reactions sprang into action, kneel down search blindly into stud wall then stick starboard forefinger onto the end of the open pipe to stop a flood appearing downstairs in the lounge.  B*gger me it was hot!  :default_icon_cry:

Now what to do?

Griff

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

My day started at 0801 with the boss on the phone "I take it he hasn't un-diverted his phone then" yes i'm off for a few days and the site I share on-call with another guy doesn't play fair and diverts his phone when he's not on call. (he's been on-call for the last two days!!!) So before I could ring his private phone to say ring the boss the reception rang to say contractors were on site. He couldn't understand why I was pee'd off with him.

Plus side is I can now get 2 extra days hols for covering bank hols.

Yesterday we contributed to the many miles of chaos on the roads ... yes we were travelling home from a lovely Christmas away, like probably so many other people. Itinerary went vaguely like this:

09.00 Leave Filey ... with a tear in my eye because it's so beautiful but that's another story for another post somewhere else!

10.00 Arrive in Hull to collect the mother-in-law

11.15 Depart Hull

13.00 Arrive at lunch stop at the Little Chef at Costerworth on the A1 ... and by now we've seen the snow on the fields and had to very carefully negotiate all the slippy slidey slush in the car park given that my MIL is 98!!! It feels like transporting the Queen!

14.15 Leave the services and get back on the road ... long delays on the M11 meant that we travelled the A1 right down to the M25.

17.30 Arrive at Brentwood to drop mother-in-law off and unload all her luggage and settle her in.

18.15 Finally arrive home!

We knew the traffic would be heavy but that was a very long and tiring journey. However we do count ourselves extremely fortunate that we seemed to take a path that was in the middle of chaos to the west in the form of gridlocked roads, snow and ice. And to the east there was clearly wind and rain and flooding. Whilst the A1 provided us with a route down the middle where the worst that we encountered was very slow traffic and very long queues in places.

Now to get back to the shopping and the washing and those usual post-holiday blues. Have a great day everyone. :default_xmas4:

• Like 5

I’m taking my youngest ice skating today (ironic isn’t it?) in Basingstoke. It’s a bit of a trek from Lincs (not on the scale of SwanR’s though)
Can’t decide whether to take the stupidly powerful rear wheel drive or 4x4 (neither are going to see ten years old, 100k miles or be worth £5k ever again just in case you think I’m trying to be flash )
I’m thinking the snow and ice have gone off major roads and no more due today so either should be fine. Am I being an idiot?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JohnK said:

I’m taking my youngest ice skating today (ironic isn’t it?) in Basingstoke. It’s a bit of a trek from Lincs (not on the scale of SwanR’s though)
Can’t decide whether to take the stupidly powerful rear wheel drive or 4x4 (neither are going to see ten years old, 100k miles or be worth £5k ever again just in case you think I’m trying to be flash emoji57.png)
I’m thinking the snow and ice have gone off major roads and no more due today so either should be fine. Am I being an idiot?

You certainly are JohnK. I nearly killed myself the one time I tried ice skating 

You certainly are JohnK. I nearly killed myself the one time I tried ice skating 

The skating part I’m being very sensible ... I’ll be sitting in the coffee shop. I’m just the driver taking her training. She’s represented GB, I can’t let go of the side

• Like 3

Just now, JohnK said:

The skating part I’m being very sensible ... I’ll be sitting in the coffee shop. I’m just the driver taking her training. She’s represented GB, I can’t let go of the side emoji57.png

Now that sounds like a much better plan :default_biggrin:

Representing GB, wow thats fantastic. Have a great time.

2 minutes ago, JohnK said:

The skating part I’m being very sensible ... I’ll be sitting in the coffee shop. I’m just the driver taking her training. She’s represented GB, I can’t let go of the side emoji57.png

Wow! The dedication of parents to the cause. Have a good day and a safe journey. :default_xmas4:

Basingstoke! We are about 15 Miles from there and have visited at least once a month for the last 15 years, never knew it had an ice skating rink!

I can assure you it does:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Ice_Silverdome_Arena

However, embarrassingly I’ve just realised we’re going to Bracknell today, not Basingstoke Sorry.

• Haha 2