My Day

LizG

19 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

Great day today was passed by a large hire boat with 5 burley blokes sat on the bow going full pelt I would just like to thank them for sinking our canoe :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Are you able to pass the relevant details on to the BA?

Well yesterday actually!

GOOD NEWS:

I had my skin cancer lesion removed at Cromer Hospital yesterday.

BAD NEWS:

Having shaved my head around the ear they found more. They took a 4mm punch biopsy so I guess I am in for more knife work.

LESSON TO ALL ESPECIALLY THE YOUNG:

Wear a good UV protect hat like a Tilly, use high factor sun block. You are at higher risk as water users. When We were young the risks were not known and folk judged a holiday by the depth of their tan! A tan is not worth dying for.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2021 at 09:04, BrundallNavy said:

Yes the only thing keeping it from sinking to the bottom was the SUP strapped to the top. 

Just a thought. Can you still get the old dinghy bouyancy bags? Matbe a small one at the bow and stern or under the thwart.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 17:43, BrundallNavy said:

Great day today was passed by a large hire boat with 5 burley blokes sat on the bow going full pelt I would just like to thank them for sinking our canoe :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Here is the correct tool for the job. Sound investmen. After all you could have been out paddling it when it got swamped!

20210810_070310.thumb.jpg.b84188ad196d329a1e28135c2ff52a48.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Well yesterday actually!

GOOD NEWS:

I had my skin cancer lesion removed at Cromer Hospital yesterday.

BAD NEWS:

Having shaved my head around the ear they found more. They took a 4mm punch biopsy so I guess I am in for more knife work.

LESSON TO ALL ESPECIALLY THE YOUNG:

Wear a good UV protect hat like a Tilly, use high factor sun block. You are at higher risk as water users. When We were young the risks were not known and folk judged a holiday by the depth of their tan! A tan is not worth dying for.

I’ll second this. Both my husband and myself have had the same problems and undergone similar procedures. (I had one removed from my nose!)

Hope all goes well ChrisB, at least they have been found early.

6 hours ago, Meantime said:

Strange how things turn around. In Victorian times not having a tan was seen as a sign of wealth. It meant you had the money and time to stay in the shade rather than toiling for a living out in the sun and getting a tan at the same time!

Still much the same in many Asian countries.

I spent a fair bit of time in the Merchant Navy, mostly sailing around the South China Sea with lots of excellent Filipino crew. They were always covered from head to toe in boiler suits, hats, balaclavas etc even in 40c heat! They all wanted to avoid getting a 'tan', as being pale is a sign of wealth etc.

They used to try and get me to do the same as them, usually far too hot for an Englishman! Did have fun, though.

image.thumb.png.5c0f3300c1cf01a2827d53afcff0edff.png

• Like 1

Had reason to go into our bank yesterday and as  our business concluded, the manager returned Tony's bank card  to him. He slid it under the  perspex screen to retrieve it only to see it disappear down a groove  that ran the whole width of the desk to allow for the installation of wiring. Just wide enough to get one's fingers in, both Tony and the manager tried to retrieve the card but it couildn't be located. A screwdriver  was duly  brought into the office and Tony set about dismantling  the desk top,  Panel removed, revealing several pens loads of wires and dust but no card! It had dropped through and was  laying under the desk all the time! You couidn't make it up!

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It took me ages to work our how to post photos. They just wouldn’t load up, not from my camera anyway, phone photos seemed to be okay.  
I now resize all the photos taken with my cameras that I want to post. Right  click with the mouse on the file, choose ‘edit’ and normally resize them to 20%.

• Thanks 1