My Day

LizG

42 minutes ago, Regulo said:

Don't think it hit anything, just got a rope around both props.

Oh yes I see, a quick glance made it look like they were tied out of the way for chocking but I see the wrapping now, I suppose once they wrap the mechanical leverage is huge without massive load on the engines. 

15 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Can I join the falling down steps on a boat club please.

Here is the proof needed for membership.

Tomorrow I am off to audition for Star Wars as a Stormtrooper.

IMG_20210902_192127.jpg

Oh dear. At times like these we realise that maybe it's not appropriate to "like" a post?? :default_biggrin:

Keep the grandchildren running around after you for as longas possible - payback time! Hang on to the boot and put it on everytime they come round?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

counter rotating props, once the rope gets round both they will wind in toward each other, presumably the rope being tight at one side helped stop that prop shaft bending inwards, but transferred it all to the other one.

A timely reminder to check your lines before reversing.

A lot of the day yesterday was spent  anxiously waiting for news that our newly acquired Renaissance 31 had arrived safely from the river Thames to Brundall marina and then to Wroxham marine Thorpe and at 3.45pm we got the awaited phone call to say she was safely moored at their yard. We'll go tomorrow morning to go through her and compile a list of works to keep Wroxham marine busy through the winter and no doubt seriously impact on our bank account! When she emerges she will have a new name  - Hijinks and we plan to berth her on the Southern Broads, Hopefully at Brundall if a  berth is available when we need it.

Carole

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I've just stood on my front lawn and watched a couple of Douglas DC10's fly over my head at very low altitude. Last night it was a lone Spitfire and we expect ME 109's anytime soon. Tomorrow it get's even more lively.

This happens in the next village: https://www.thevictoryshow.co.uk/

Who still fly DC10’s. 

49 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I've just stood on my front lawn and watched a couple of Douglas DC10's fly over my head at very low altitude. Last night it was a lone Spitfire and we expect ME 109's anytime soon. Tomorrow it get's even more lively.

They flew over us about an hour ago in st.neots, sounded great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, addicted said:

A lot of the day yesterday was spent  anxiously waiting for news that our newly acquired Renaissance 31 had arrived safely from the river Thames to Brundall marina and then to Wroxham marine Thorpe and at 3.45pm we got the awaited phone call to say she was safely moored at their yard. We'll go tomorrow morning to go through her and compile a list of works to keep Wroxham marine busy through the winter and no doubt seriously impact on our bank account! When she emerges she will have a new name  - Hijinks and we plan to berth her on the Southern Broads, Hopefully at Brundall if a  berth is available when we need it.

Carole

And may you have many high jinks in Hijinks Carole, I bet you can’t wait to be back on the rivers! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, addicted said:

Carole

Don't keep them too busy, I have some gelcoat repairs needing done when an insurance company gives the go ahead....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, floydraser said:

What was I on about? DC3s! Excuse me, I'm a pillock. :default_hiding:

Yesterday Oh Boy was it a stinker. First off I got called to the hospital  as the result of a dodgy mammagram result to find out if the breast cancer  I battled with in 2005 had reared it's head again. It hadn't thank goodness but I had several melt downs before some  unpleasant tests revealed that all was probably o.k.and the worst scenario is a small 'op. Then on the way home the car started making strange noises and we found out today that it requires a part that is not immediately available.Then to top it all off last night while watching t.v. a huge bang emanated from the kitchen and all the lights went out. The dishwasher had exploded. I'm hoping against hope it can be repaired as it is integral and replacing it will not be straightforward.  It wasn't even Friday 13th.

Carole

Was at Southampton boat show on Monday to supervise the display engines being offloaded.  Only a few of us there as a very early start but today I seem to be suffering an unusual affliction.  For the first time in around 2 years I’ve caught a cold !!

None of my family have it (yet) so can only assume I caught it there.

• Sad 1

One of my work colleagues is currently off sick with (normal) flu. It seems inevitable that, as restrictions are lifted and more people go around without masks, we'll probably have a wave of colds and flu hitting us. Like most people, I haven't had a either a cold or flu since before the first lockdown. 

• Like 1

The general thinking appears to be that we’ll have a spike in covid cases during October too. Personally I think masks should still be mandatory in enclosed spaces and regular hand sanitising encouraged. I noticed in Roy’s the other day that that all the sanitising equipment on the food side had disappeared. Across the road hand pumps were still in use. 

• Like 1

We've noticed that trolley sanitising facilities are no longer at a lot  of places which is  a pity. Long before Covid I thought that trolleys were a major source of infection and welcomed  the changes that Covid brought about and really hoped they would stay in place permanently. We still wear masks when going in to shops etc.,  and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable  future and carry hand sanitisers for use after shopping. I used to keep antisceptic wet wipes in the car  to use on our hands after touching a supermarket trolley but the sanitisers are an improvement on those I think.

Carole