My Day

LizG

3 hours ago, addicted said:

Yesterday - not the best day I've had by a long chalk. Had to attend hospital for a  pre op' assessment. Well, I knew what I was there for which was just as well because nobody else seemed to be as well informed! On registering my dismay I was assurred that that the section of the hospital that will be dealing with my surgery is infinitely better  orgaanised than the general  building.  Oh I do hope so .  even worse,  no wine! not until next Tuesday! Now that's downright unfair.  That,  together with 6 weeks of wearing compression stockings  - not to be  remotely confused with suspenders and fishnets promises no fun on my horizon.  Having had a covid swab yesterday and  as a result having to isolate till my 'op on Monday I'll have to cancel all thoughts of going out to a disco tonight too.

Carole

Happy op Carole hope all goes well as also an eye op day for me on Monday no compression stockings thank god just a patch for a short while 👍

John

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Happy op Carole hope all goes well as also an eye op day for me on Monday no compression stockings thank god just a patch for a short while 👍

John

Thanks. I hope your 'op goes  well too. An eye patch can look quite rakish which is more than  can be said for compression stockings!

Carole

• Like 1

Well if you're out on the water the Tri Icycle will have started. Due to the wind being in an awkward direction the start was moved to the water works from 11:00 onwards.

48entries this year's which is very good.. from an OK dinghy up to a 40ft broads cruiser..

• Like 2

Still chasing the errant leak over the weekend. New idea - it's leaking 2 inches above the deck ! Actually the foward 'chain locker' in the bow. I now suspect in heavy rain it was filling faster than it could drain and rising to a hatch with poor sealing.

Bring on a storm and I'll see

Well best of luck to those having/had ops, I was supposed to be having a double hernia job done this morning but got a call yesterday afternoon saying they were missing a surgeon so my guy was ditching his elective list and doing the more urgent list, fair play can't argue with that, bloody annoying though after a weekend of self isolation and a frantic month of work catchup in preparation.

Oh well try again november 30th, I hope....

Now back at work and grumpy, hence on a boaty forum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I came home last night luckily  It's amazing how quickly they can get these things done these days. I'm so glad to be home. It was a very full on day with lots of drama although the 'op itself was fine once they decided that my b.p. was low enough to risk it!   

Carole

• Like 1

Glad you are home Carole and went well, mine was done and dusted for 9.30am and I was home for 10!

Now hopefully I can move the boat from Horning to Brundall on Saturday with a bit of assistance to her new mooring before Clive unties my ropes 😂

John

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, addicted said:

I came home last night luckily  It's amazing how quickly they can get these things done these days. I'm so glad to be home. It was a very full on day with lots of drama although the 'op itself was fine once they decided that my b.p. was low enough to risk it!   

Carole

That was good. Recovery is much better at home the experts tell us. I had some BP issues too, too high to start with then a bit low the day after the op! Whizzing round on crutches now, I just wish my two little dogs wouldn’t try to ‘help’ me each time I move. I wish you a speedy full recovery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

That was good. Recovery is much better at home the experts tell us. I had some BP issues too, too high to start with then a bit low the day after the op! Whizzing round on crutches now, I just wish my two little dogs wouldn’t try to ‘help’ me each time I move. I wish you a speedy full recovery.

Thank you and I wish  the same for you. Glad to know you are perky enough to whizz around. When I had a hip replacement 3 years ago I just couldn't get the hang of crutches  and was glad to be on a stick after about 10 days.

Carole

6 minutes ago, addicted said:

Thank you and I wish  the same for you. Glad to know you are perky enough to whizz around. When I had a hip replacement 3 years ago I just couldn't get the hang of crutches  and was glad to be on a stick after about 10 days.

Carole

I had both hips replaced 15 and 16 years ago and came out of hospital both times with sticks so I was somewhat surprised to have crutches this time around. (I see the physio again next week and will quiz him as to why the difference.) In fact, I’ll be honest now and say that I am using one crutch and one stick temporarily while my husband mends the second stick that I have managed to break! :facepalm:

• Sad 2

for such small creatures they always leave such a gaping hole in our hearts when their time comes to leave. I recently lost one of my boys, and although I still have 3 others, it seems there are times when the house seems empty without him. still, I am sure him and Nyx will have a good time playing while they await us at the rainbow bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

for such small creatures they always leave such a gaping hole in our hearts when their time comes to leave. I recently lost one of my boys, and although I still have 3 others, it seems there are times when the house seems empty without him. still, I am sure him and Nyx will have a good time playing while they await us at the rainbow bridge.

We still have three but so true

Really sorry to read this. Such sadness when you lose a much loved pet.

Carole

• Thanks 1