My Day

LizG

On 09/11/2022 at 09:32, Chelsea14Ian said:

My day or days.I've been helping out collecting for the Poppy appeal  at Tesco Caister. Been doing so since Tuesday until tomorrow. So if your  close by ,please  pop a few Bob in.

Ian.

Didn't see a single poppy seller this year, every time I went into a Tesco's the table was bare..

Tesco's Caister has 5 water tanks above the ceiling... not a lot  people know that...

End of season Retirements... as on other thread... that'll be me then, 18 of my work days to go plus 15 minutes.

No I am not available for hire, SWMBO has a list...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheQ said:

End of season Retirements... as on other thread... that'll be me then, 18 of my work days to go plus 15 minutes.

Counting the days 👍 Congratulations... Try to get your list on the table before SWMBO's It won't make any difference to what you do but you'll hold the moral high ground 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ray said:

Counting the days 👍 Congratulations... Try to get your list on the table before SWMBO's It won't make any difference to what you do but you'll hold the moral high ground 😂

And you’ll be so busy, it’ll be difficult to comprehend how you found time to work!  😉

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Didn't see a single poppy seller this year, every time I went into a Tesco's the table was bare..

Tesco's Caister has 5 water tanks above the ceiling... not a lot  people know that...

No I am not available for hire, SWMBO has a list...

I have posted ,but at Tesco  Caister we collected over six thousand  pounds more then last year.We collected  there from 10.00am to 18.00 hours.Like most fund raising. It is down to volunteers. So all charities welcome volunteers. 

• Like 1

We've just had a new gas cooker delivered and installed today. Our fourth in 45 years. Things change don't they? 

I was dreading a change in regulations which would mean we couldn't go ahead but the only significant change was that it has to be chained to the wall! The main oven extinguishes the flame when it reaches the right temperature then re-ignites it to maintain it; to save on gas I guess. If they've been doing that for years it shows how old ours was! :default_biggrin:

Biggest shock was £25 delivery, £100 connection and £20 to "recycle" the old one. Didn't bother with the last one.

Sometimes it can be annoying when you have people rattling tins for one thing or another every time you enter a supermarket this time of year but the Poppy appeal is something I always give to, I think it's such an important one and hats off to all the guys that lend their time to the cause. Well done Ian, you're a star 

I don't suppose I'll have any luck for Gracie's shoe appeal though :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just when you think life can't get any better...

sat all warm and cosy listening to the rain on the roof with the best company beside you and a refreshing drink in your hand, I get a call from the owner of my favourite website/forum to tell me I am the winner of their competition and will receive some of my new running shoes (£150)

To say I am desperately in need right now and had no way of affording them any other way is an understatement, so I am absolutely chuffed right now.

Little things :default_biggrin:

• Like 7

Finally did something I’ve been wanting to do for twenty years. Went on the London Eye.

What a fabulous experience, weather was bright and sunny and could see for miles in every direction. Certainly a different view of London to the one from the ground

TED

• Like 3