My Day

LizG

Just got back from Yarmouth. Very cold,lots of snow not laying thank goodness.Big problems  at Hemsby.The inshore  Lifeboat  can't launch. Sand taken a few weeks ago. Then since last night strong wind and springs  also today.Some  residents there are in temporary accommodation.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Todays problem was I have too many desks in the old study and I am moving it to another room.

This is part of a resuffle of rooms and redecoration. We now have a 3 room newly decorated annexe that isn't needed after MiL passed away and a playroom full of toys that are mostly too young for the growing grandchildren.

Any way, I don't need five desks anymore, one has gone to youngest son. What I needed was 3 desks and a printer stand / bookcase.

I fired up the saw bench and reduced a desk to a printer stand / bookcase.

I have nearly finished decorating the new study ready to move everything down to it.

One completed, made to measure unit.

IMG_20230323_164940.jpg

• Like 9

Today is my birthday  another year older 22 now.A few presents from Marina.Satuday we're  meeting up with Alan and Dave belated  lunch for Dave me and Mother's day.So lunch at the boathouse. 

A  photo Chelsea shield,Easter Egg and A Mermaid cup for the boat. A little Whisky  later.

20230323_184557.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

My day today is being spent doing the housework, I have chores that need doing as long as my arm. The boys are out so I can't bride them into submission. I'll have to leave the kitchen until last, there's wine in there :default_biggrin:

I shall think of the better days to come, out on the rivers in my new 6 berth, centre cockpit cruiser, sipping wine sat outside the boat, sunbathing and waving at like minded people. Oops, nope, that was a dream I had last night :default_biggrin:

Have a great Sunday everyone x

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'll have to leave the kitchen until last, there's wine in there :default_biggrin:

Why don't you pour yourself lots of glasses of wine and leave one in each room, to be consumed once the chores in that room are done. No dropping of standards as the day wears on though :default_eusa_naughty::default_drinks:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meantime said:

Why don't you pour yourself lots of glasses of wine and leave one in each room, to be consumed once the chores in that room are done. No dropping of standards as the day wears on though :default_eusa_naughty::default_drinks:

Bloody hell MT, that's a good idea, the trouble is half the house won't get done or I'll forget which rooms I've done and give up :default_drinks: How good are you with a duster and a hoover? :default_biggrin:

I haven't even started yet. Housework, not wine thank you very much :facepalm:x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now at Kings Cross bound for Donny, first class of course 

Yesterday - Did Churchills war rooms followed by the imperial war museum. 

Then in t evening off to theatre for Bat out of Hell story - very good

The whole weekend has been trouble free and most enjoyable. London is very clean. Tube the same and even after all these years even easier to use. (I lived in Kensington for nine months in 82). No Oyster cards or tickets anymore, just wave a debit card. One eyed stag how much that has cost though. 

We will have to do this again and soon. Need to see ABBA Voyage 

Griff

B6FB45A5-35D2-4356-AAF9-6AD63F969851.jpeg