My Day

LizG

engine cooled, the old pipe once disconnected is not in the best of condition, its not even a tight fit onthe connector, so a wide jubilee clip was used, this held one end of the connector, the next problem is there is a sharp right angle just before it fits to the car, the repair hose I have is straight, so it now tales an easy bend around to the joint. everything connected, water filled back up and off for a quick test drive. that completed and an inspection showing no leaks, and it looks like I  am good to go for work tomorrow.

IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_9949.JPG

Spent my day dealing with the issues caused by the new neighbour's two cats. The biggest issue being the cat's crapping in my garden and then Dylan the Beagle rolling in the crap and the decaying corpses of their kills. Dylan was covered. He stank. He got showered. He stank. He got showered again. He stank. He got showered again. Slight improvement.

My garden stinks of cat crap. It got hosed down. It still stank. Hosed down again and it got treated with Jeyes fluid. Improvement but smells like a public loo. 

Next the car. The cats pee under the car. It stinks when you turn the engine on. Jeyes fluid.

Next, cutting the hedge where I discovered where the cats were depositing their kills. Fifty little feathered and furred corpses stuffed in the hedge back. It's no wonder we have not seen any birds in the garden since the new neighbours arrived.

Visit to B & Q and found a jet gun nozzle that fits the garden hose. Bought Gracie a super soaker water gun, but appropriated it for my own use. Neighbours returned home just now and moaning that their cats have crapped in their garden...for a change...and are now trying to coax them into leaving their garden for mine.
'Well to tell you the truth, in all the day's excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is an ANSIO Expandable Garden Hose Spray Gun with 9 Pattern Multi-Functional Watering Nozzle Head with Built-in Lock, and would blow your kitty clean off the fence, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, puss?" :default_norty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

'Well to tell you the truth, in all the day's excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is an ANSIO Expandable Garden Hose Spray Gun with 9 Pattern Multi-Functional Watering Nozzle Head with Built-in Lock, and would blow your kitty clean off the fence, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, puss?" 

Brilliant post Timbo - Simply Brilliant - I honestly don't know how you do it. :default_beerchug:  Your imagination / brain cells really are top notch

Years ago when my Mum was alive she was suffering with cats killing wild birds in her garden.  Mum loved her garden, she loved feeding wild birds, she also liked cats (And our dogs) so she was in a quandary.  There was not a chance of me even suggesting using a low powered air rifle or a BB gun to deter neighbours cats.  So I bought Mum the biggest most powerful super soaker rifle available on the market at that time.  Mum lived in a bungalow.  Said SS was set up by her bedroom window.  Mum got set too and in time with practice soon became known as Josey Wales.  The result? - No dead feathered friends in her garden, no cats harmed but seriously aware of Mums garden - Worked a treat.  I hope you have the same success

Griff

(And if it doesn't, being a near neighbour - You know who to call :default_norty: )

• Haha 1

Timbo - as a fellow beagle custodian may I pass on a handy tip I was given by our vets nurse for deodorising the little darlings after rolling in fox cr*p? Before slinging them in the bath rub copious amounts of tomato ketchup into the coat. Apparently there are enzymes in it that neutralises the stench it certainly works on our little darling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stumpy said:

Timbo - as a fellow beagle custodian may I pass on a handy tip I was given by our vets nurse for deodorising the little darlings after rolling in fox cr*p? Before slinging them in the bath rub copious amounts of tomato ketchup into the coat. Apparently there are enzymes in it that neutralises the stench it certainly works on our little darling.

then get 2 loaves of bread, slice in half and place either side of said Beagle, add a little american mustard, and your hotdog is ready.

:default_coat:

• Haha 7

Well the good news is that after topping up the expansion tank, and driving the 60 miles to work, the water level is still the same, the bottom of the joint in the pipes was slightly damp, but not actively spurting, but its good enough until the new hose arrives.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Adding onions would also help disguise the odour, then I believe wrapping in bread.....

• Haha 3

I spent Saturday, adjusting, trimming to size, then cramping up the two halves of my sailing boat together.

Sunday, I Sanded down the first section to get bonded back together.

Then went to the shed to find....

Guess, who forgot to order a new 25 ltr barrel of polyester resin..

• Sad 1

I had finished floor tiling for the day and was tidying up.  I threw a sponge into a clean bucket of water from a distance (it was a good shot btw) then looked at ones port hand to see said sponge.  Reaction of a scalded cat and retrieved my phone from bucket of water!  Senior moment or what?    :default_dunce:   :default_icon_e_surprised:  :default_icon_e_confused:  No harm done as phone has a decent cover on it. 

Griff

• Haha 8

Tiger 1050 - At last, got word today.  The final bill for parts / paint / labour is just a shade over £1'100. The Auto Detailing outfit have agreed to pay it with no quibbles whatsoever, quite right too.   Whilst the dealers are on with it I have instructed them to change the front / rear sprockets and chain, fit new front pads, oil n filter, all jobs I was going to do mysen.  We should have the beast back in it's home lair by the middle of next week.  This means of course that I will once again have 125 HP at my fingertips ready to be unleashed through just the one rear tyre.  Can't wait.  Of course the fine wx we have been experiencing will no doubt come to an end as a result, so you can blame me for it.

Aching to get my legover - been getting withdrawal symptoms

Griff

• Like 4