My Day

LizG

8 hours ago, Polly said:

I had two 2CVs loved them! You feel like you are in a racing car because generally you drive them hard.

But boy are they flimsy in a crash!

One Dyane and two 2CVs for us. Picture is of my late wife Judith making lunch in Montauban, which is north of Toulouse in 1974. The Dyane was one year old and on it's second trip back from Andalusia. Having come over the 6000ft Col de Puymorens. No back seat in, full of camping gear. One of the really great things about the Dyane 6 was the spare wheel, jack etc were mounted over the engine so no unloading of luggage if you had a blowout.

As an aside Judith, unknown to us when this picture was pregnant with our eldest son, William, who is now 43. Both sons William and Jeremy learnt to drive and passed their test on 2CVs.20180530_143935.thumb.jpg.916eee49adb0455a95a388e03ef32722.jpg20180530_143935.thumb.jpg.916eee49adb0455a95a388e03ef32722.jpg

• Like 5

What's the chances eh!!

After the summer we've had someone had to take a hit, rain 6 hours earlier...great. rain 6 hours later...great, but no, we got it

Today was youngest GC 2nd birthday, he's a cheeky boy :default_cool:

Despite the rain SiL and me cracked on with the planned BBQ and delivered  a respectable serving of waterlogged meat.

We already knew that daughter NO 1 was expecting GC3...then daughter NO 2 announces GC4 is on the way.

Mrs W is as high as the highest sixties pop star.

I just deal with things the way I deal with things, ........but I'm smiling  :default_biggrin:

• Like 8

the majority of my day yesterday was spent sitting on the M25, come time to go home there was a lorry jackknifed and diesel spill on the M25 anticlockwise shutting it from junction 27, and in the direction I wanted to go - across the bridge, there were 2 lorries and a diesel spill at junction 31 , the lorry was overhanging the slip road back on to the M25 so that wasnt an option either, in the end they had to resurface the road, which they just completed before I came back past this morning, but 2am arrival at home - then up again at 5 for work, and I am a tired bunny.

• Sad 2

My day, well really the past 3 weekends, have been rebuilding my sailing boat. a couple of years ago I took 28 inches out of the middle. It's now all glued back together, and the join has had it's fill /sand/ fill. This weekend will start with another sand, then followed if required by another fill /sand.

Other work has been creating the control panel. Control Panel on a sailing boat? Well when you are sat in one position you need space for all the control lines to come to you like this...

Meanwhile a 1 ton strain gauge has arrived, so I can weight the boat, then the current keel. After that if I add my considerable weight to the total, I can see if it matches the 500Kg total a computer programme says I need to be correct on her lines... I'm hoping to add a lot more ballast to the keel..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheQ said:

My day, well really the past 3 weekends, have been rebuilding my sailing boat. a couple of years ago I took 28 inches out of the middle. It's now all glued back together, and the join has had it's fill /sand/ fill. This weekend will start with another sand, then followed if required by another fill /sand.

Other work has been creating the control panel. Control Panel on a sailing boat? Well when you are sat in one position you need space for all the control lines to come to you like this...

Meanwhile a 1 ton strain gauge has arrived, so I can weight the boat, then the current keel. After that if I add my considerable weight to the total, I can see if it matches the 500Kg total a computer programme says I need to be correct on her lines... I'm hoping to add a lot more ballast to the keel..

Doing the Three Rivers next year?

Really, it's Single seater, although I could carry a passenger, But as a single seater it would not be permitted in the 3RR. Also I'm doubtful it would be ready, As I have to redo the deck surfacing over the joins, (clear fibreglass over wood) and we are runnning out of warmth for fibreglass work. Also once I have the weights, I have to get the keel modified, and then fitted to the hull, once that is done I have to get the trailer modified to fit the new layout... I am hoping to have finished in time for regatta week next year, if not certainly by the time of the Tri Icicle.

The latest revision, of the details of the boat, in the computer programme, gives a target weight of 0.463 Imperial tons (470.4KG).

I visited the opticians this morning.  That’s me sorted. I can officially see for another year without the need for glasses other than +1’s reading glasses at nights. Eight years since my last eye test so I got a telling off (quite right too). Not bad for my vintage so am informed.  I have also been informed that I'm ok if:-  A)  I can see a pint in front of me  B)  A cruiser / Rag-n-Stick bearing down on me   C)  Score more than 20 out of 25 on any give clay shoot discipline   D)  Go out misbehaving on the mighty Tiger and get home safely and lastly but most importantly still smile when I see my MrsG   :default_icon_kiss:

Griff

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Polly said:

Today I attended a Silver Clay Workshop and made these pendants. They are solid silver and were the results from one small pack of Silver Clay, Happy here. :default_biggrin:

78BAA90A-9587-452F-9778-7793A7AB4B19.jpeg

What is silver clay?

Yes interesting stuff, it is a suspension of pure silver in a medium that makes it plastic. It looks like White blue tack in its plastic state and it can be modelled and moulded. Leave to dry for about 30minues then fire. This burns off the suspending medium and the pure silver molecules unite to form a silver item that is then cleaned with a wire brush and can be burnished with, of all things a knitting needle. 

Firing can be done in a kiln, on a domestic gas hob, with a chef’s blow torch or a proper one.

Results can be hallmarked solid silver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2