My Day

LizG

Afternoon All,

Another weekend of working on my Sailing boat,  apart from more sanding of the join, I decided to rebuild the rudder box. It was set us as a cassette that you could withdraw the rudder while afloat. Something that was needed when i was in Saudi. Now however it's not needed, so I'm changing it to a convemtional  external rudder with shaft through a tube. this will save weight and complacations.

At the moment Im considering the tabernacle, it was built for a wooden mast 4 inches square at the bottom. She will now a have an alloy mast that is only 2.5 inches wide. Some sort of holder to fit in the tabernacle will be required and maybe some sort of changes to height.

Meanwhile in a couple of weeks time is the RAF Neatishead reuniion, which is part of the RAF 100 celebrations. For any former members of RAF Neatishead , here's the details and how to get tickets..

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/raf100-neatishead-reunion-september-23rd-2018-tickets-48249464447

59 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Where was this please Chris? Looks like a very tranquil place.

It is Blakeney. Just follow the sea wall path at the eastern end of the quay (opp the public loos) you can make it into a fairly long circular walk if you so wish.  The hard is NT and costs to park but if you park in the village hall it is free. Blakeney is really nice and worth a visit. Plenty of eating and drinking places from burger and sea food stalls in season to up market, I like the Kings Arms Pub, food good at a very reasonable price and their chips are excellent. In season the quay is busy-ish but walk out on the marsh and it is beautiful. If you follow the path at the West end of the Quay you come to Morston Quay which is also very worth a visit.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Went there once about ten years ago when we stopped off at a few places along the north Norfolk coast. On my list to get back up there some time. :)

I have edited and written a little more because my phone rang!

• Like 1

Those that know me will not believe the following sentence...

I washed my car today!

I've had it just over three years now and this was the first time. It's indicative of the dry weather we have all enjoyed because it normally gets a decent pressure wash on the M25 at least once a week but no, not this year. Last winters salt was still clinging on and it's September.

Anyway, a sick mother in law in need of tooing and frowing to JPH and the fact that wife and daughter both have low convertibles means I have had to get the sponge and bucket out. I even hoovered the inside :facepalm:

Still at least it's done now, well till 2021 it is :default_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Anyway, a sick mother in law in need of tooing and frowing to JPH and the fact that wife and daughter both have low convertibles means I have had to get the sponge and bucket out. I even hoovered the inside :facepalm:

Still at least it's done now, well till 2021 it is :default_biggrin:

You mean you actually managed to find the inside :default_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

You mean you actually managed to find the inside :default_biggrin:

There's carpets and all sorts in there, proper posh it is. I even found seats in the back I had long forgotten ever existed. Luckily I didn't have to hoover those, they've been folded flat since I got it so were still clean :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

in a similar vein, I checked the oil on the car today - now I will say its been running smooth as ever, but with all the running back and forth to Norfolk it had clear gone out of my head to check it - and it does use a little every few weeks dropping maybe one mark on the dipstick, nothing too bad for an 18 year old car thats nearly done 1/4 million miles. well good job I checked, as it took the remaining half of the 4.5 litre can in the boot of the car to fill it back to the mark :default_blush:. I had done nearly 10,000 miles without checking it once. I still have to swap in the new heater hose I have here too.

54 minutes ago, grendel said:

nothing too bad for an 18 year old car thats nearly done 1/4 million miles. 

Mines just turned 6 and is now 180K :default_sad:

I had my last Mondeo estate 16 years and close to 350K. Not sure this one will last as long though, it's all just a bit too fragile. And next year it's 7 years old and qualifies for Fords scrapage scheme! It's a world gone mad.   

its usually the little gear in the speedo that causes that John, very fiddly, depends if they notice it really, as long as the speedo works it should be ok, as the true mileage will still be recorded by the engine management system. and be available via a fault code reader.