My Day

LizG

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:12, Wyndham said:

...then daughter NO 2 announces GC4 is on the way.

Mrs W is as high as the highest sixties pop star.

I just deal with things the way I deal with things, ........but I'm smiling  :default_biggrin:

Arrived yesterday morning, all good.

Wyndham is as high as a sixties pop star..... Mrs W is off the scale.

The wonder of life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After wanting to take the winter cover off the boat last week but it being too windy, we seized the opportunity of the lovely sunny calm day today and headed off to Norfolk. Car broke down just as we got to Norfolk. AA called. Car put on the back of a truck. Now home with Selsie hoping to fix it. Im nervous, we got home from Norfolk last week and the washing machine died. Things go in threes ........ :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

'My Day' - More like 'My Weekend' - which has just about been a total loss at this hovel.

Bank Holiday weekend, not afloat so decided we get some of those diy jobs done around the house / garden / garage.  No clay shooting this weekend either but I had promised mysen a few hours out on the Mighty Tiger

It started to go wrong on the Thursday midday, I finished a tiling job, then had to visit a few clients for estimates etc and thought to mysen, heyup I have the onset of a cold coming on here.  MrsG started on the same day too.  Friday was a write off for both of us, Saturday felt slightly better but still rubbish, Sunday was worse and so was today.  I can't believe I'm into day four and not shaken it off.  I have got the new trellis installed in the back garden - taken me three days to do what I normally would have done in a day easily.  The Mighty Tiger? - Not a prayer so my Lad took her out - twice just to make me jealous I reckon.  The whole weekend has been wasted or the majority of it.  Thank goodness we were not due to be afloat as we would have been miserable hosts for our guest crew. Still, I managed to get caught up with the Lads on the 'Grand Tour'

I'd better feel an improvement in the morning otherwise I shall be firing off a strongly worded letter to my MP.  But on current performances of that lot, I'd get more joy from a solicitor or housing estate agent

Griff

Woke up to glorious sunshine in Womack water. Mud weight opposite the staithe. Cooked a delicious breakfast of local sausage and smoked bacon with French toast cooked in the bacon fat. After third mug of tea, hauled up the front mudweight then hauled the stern one out using the momentum of the old lady and hauled it onboard. Top down we cruised up the Ant to drop off Charlie Dolphin in Stalham to go home after her Easter afloat with us. Quick zip about in Millie off to tesco, then cruised back down the Ant. Moored up at the upriver wild mooring looking down towards Johnny Crows Staithe. Glorious sunshine and not too windy. Drank wine listened to some bangin tunes and then cooked dinner in our newly purchased wok. 

Yelled at a few idiots surging past us like the start of a powerboat race then all was calm. Just watched a film now snuggled in bed next to F. 

Doesnt get better than this. Night everyone.....

M

• Like 2

On 22/03/2019 at 22:46, BroadAmbition said:

Never ask an Englishman where he is from

If he is from Yorkshire, he will tell you

If he is not, it is unfair to embarrass him

Griff

Different version

Never ask a man if he's from Yorkshire......if he isn't he will be insulted and if he is he would have told you at least ten times already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

And the cold / virus thing I have got manfully soldiers on.  STILL got it.  Nine days now.  Yesterday I was up to feeling around 90% of normal capacity.  By the time I had completed a three hour drive home from Norfolk, taken the dogs out for a walk, been for a shower etc  I was going down hill fast. Sat here back down to 70%.  Just what is going on? :40_rage:

Griff

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

And the cold / virus thing I have got manfully soldiers on.  STILL got it.  Nine days now.  Yesterday I was up to feeling around 90% of normal capacity.  By the time I had completed a three hour drive home from Norfolk, taken the dogs out for a walk, been for a shower etc  I was going down hill fast. Sat here back down to 70%.  Just what is going on? :40_rage:

Griff

Hi Griff,

I have had it over 5 weeks, I am now into my fourth day of antibiotics after seeing a doctor on Wednesday.

I hope you improve soon, the washed out feeling wears a bit thin after a while.

Regards

Alan