My Day

LizG

My daughter has had this virus it lasted for 8 weeks, doctor said antibiotics would not help so didn't prescribe anything. Myhusband Tony caught it and was really poorly, the worst I've seen him since he had the millennium flu. Fortunately I just got the cough,which was bad enough, the first cough I've had since having whooping cough aged 3 years old! I managed to thrown it off in 2 Weeks luckily . So anyone out there suffering my best wishes for a speedy recovery .

Carole

Edited by addicted
  • Like 1

I got over in two or three weeks,  SWMBO 3 months,  on a model railway forum I frequent which has a thread like this.  There are a reported  similar range of sufferers. Some people took really badly to this virus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Virus? - Away wi ye.      seventeen days it had hold of me, now free at last

Big weekend for us starting today.  Drive to near Peterborough, meet up with a couple of friends then down to Winchester for the weekend.  About 40 odd of us for a reunion for ex forces personnel / partners that served in Norway 87 - 90. (Kolsas - HQ AFNORTH to be precise) Most of whom we have not seen for some thirty odd years.  It's gonna be great and I can foresee a delicate napper being present on Sunday morning.

Griff

• Like 2

My MrsG 'Dragged' me along to see 'Take That' at Manchster arena (Just a couple of days before lowlifes did their thing) I have to say I was nonplussed about seeing them but - WOW what a show, thoroughly enjoyed seeing them.

Over the past few years we have seen Rod Stewart, Elton John, Take That, Meat Loaf and a few more

BUT

The best by a country mile and then some with the live performance was Jeff Lynnes Electric Light Orchestra.  Outta this world and then some.   Must make the effort to see them again

Griff

The point I am making is terrorists that bombed Mancheste,r borough market and Westminster two years ago.Killed many people  out to enjoy themselves .young and old.Senceless killing. For what reason. Just leave us alone.If they want to die do so without harming others

• Like 2

Just got home from seeing take that.A great night.Rick Ashley kicks off the evening,Lulu sang relight my fire with  the band.Songs from the start up to now.This being the second time we have seen them.Been almost two years since we have been to the o2.There is a shopping centre, bit like a mini bluewater.Worse bit getting out of the carpark.Like wacky races.

20190510_222516.jpg

20190510_222852.jpg

20190510_180443.jpg

• Like 4

Oh lordy am I the only person on the planet that finds him irritating? Sorry. I listen to Magic in the car, just before they played a Buble song a while back the DJ said something about him being such a lovely man, anyone who thinks otherwise must have something seriously wrong with them, I kind of sank into my seat in shame :default_sad:

My children call him Michael Bubble :default_biggrin:

Grace

19 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh lordy am I the only person on the planet that finds him irritating? Sorry. I listen to Magic in the car, just before they played a Buble song a while back the DJ said something about him being such a lovely man, anyone who thinks otherwise must have something seriously wrong with them, I kind of sank into my seat in shame :default_sad:

My children call him Michael Bubble :default_biggrin:

Grace

I am with you Gracie, he does nothing for me.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

What's not to like Grace,he's the crooner from Vancouver !Its smooth listening. For me like a large selection of music.Have seen live, from Pavarotti to Westlife. Liking a large selection of music Perhaps one of my best jobs was wrong at Abbey Road.Dont worry Grace wont hold it against you not liking the Bubble.

PS You are the only one that dont like the Buble:default_biggrin:

Ian

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Yesterday was Tan's inquest so not a great for us, but we do have some sort of closure.

Regards

Alan

Oh Alan what an awful day for you, I'm so sorry

You take care and look after yourself

Grace

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Yesterday was Tan's inquest so not a great for us, but we do have some sort of closure.

Sorry to hear that Alan, but as you say you can hopefully have your closure now.

All the best to you mate

41 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Regards

Alan

Like others very sorry with the loss of Tan,my thoughts are with you and the family. I too hope you have closure.

Ian

• Thanks 1

First trip out today with our dog since she went blind 7 or 8 weeks ago. We have been dreading it in case she just can't cope. Good start as we were stern moored and the ramp I bought could be used at it's shortest extension. All downhill from there, side on moorings clambering out of the well and down a longer ramp terrified her and us. Almost decided to head home but found a wild mooring with a good walk so have stayed out. 

2 more disembark and re-embark and we've made a little progress and at least end the day with some hope :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

The better parts of the day included a cracking carvery at Sutton Staithe, beer and sunshine. 

While out we saw Lightning on the Ant just about to go under Ludham Bridge and Judith 5 south of Potter.. waves were exchanged but I don't know that my boat and I are recognised as NBN as we have no pennant, yet! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ray said:

2 more disembark and re-embark and we've made a little progress and at least end the day with some hope :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

That’s such good news Ray. 

• Like 1