My Day

LizG

10 hours ago, Lulu said:

A slightly stressful outbound journey today navigating through the sailies but a lovely return journey

1B98ADA1-BDC7-4782-8B55-147C23D85A0B.jpeg

Ah Reedling class Number 2  Siskin, on it's way on a down river race with Horning sailing club.

Nothing to worry about, follow down the right hand bank , when the sailing boat in front turns away from the right hand bank, go forward, passing behind.  If they come back for a second try at your side, don't worry, they'll turn away (might be close) they can't win their race if they've broken their boat by hitting you..

My day was however spent building a hard top for my trailer so I can transport my model railway to Hoveton Village hall for our Open day on 26th May 10:30-15:30.

Sadly we have to charge £3:00 for entry (£2 for concessions) as we've got to pay for the hire of the hall..we should have 7 to 10 layouts (most running some under construction) our second hand stall, our loco repair expert if you've got a non runner, and a tea bar.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Now, What little comment would dear Mr. Q be expecting for that one I wonder.

The tea bar or the non runner?

Our loco expert has been very successful with people bringing along locos  that for some reason don't work. There is no charge for this, but he hasn't got parts, but will tell you where to get whats failed, or adjust anything for free that he can.

Our tea bars are normally quite popular and normally have cake available.

I'll sneak in an advert anywhere I can, I've put stuff on various model ralway forums about events on the Norfolk broads, which reminds me.. Have I mentions the 3RR on, RMWEB, the N Gauge Forum and Your Model Railway this year..

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

I don't have a model railway, nor a tea bar but I wish your repair expert a lovely day however 'loco' he may be.

Oh he's definately Loco ... He's hand building O gauge track for his own layout..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our day today very busy.First up we took poppy out cat to the vet.She has a course of jabs June and December  for her Arthritis and her nails trimmed. Then food shopping. Shopping done then head to Leeds castle, Marina doing Segway,a Birthday present from me(last years).Next up head to see our daughter Nicola,her boyfriend his parents and family,also a long time since we saw her horse Whizz. A busy but enjoyable day,helped by the weather. 

Some pics:

20190601_112024.jpg

20190601_113703.jpg

20190601_145139.jpg

20190601_145151.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy said:

:default_huh:  Not very full, is it?

Lol, it certainly didn't look it when I took that photo but it was full by the time the concert started.

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Enjoy the Bubble!

Thanks Ian. He was amazing as always. A real performer ... it was a two hour show with no break in the middle.

• Like 1

Saturday - I'm working away in my own time for free yet again on my Lads Restoration house that is now up for sale in Finningley village.  Comes to start the 'GriffTile' van to drive home, And . . . .  the starter motor finally gave up.

It has been getting more troublesome over the last few weeks, I knew it was on it''s way out so I got the van booked in for next week with my local trusted mechanic since about 3 x weeks ago for a full service, a few other items and most importantly a new starter motor.  I was hoping it would last.  It didn't  :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Rang Bro' who lives in same village, quick tow off to bump start and I'm away home.  Yesterday forenoon at home it fired up - Just. back round to my lads place finished off a few more items and yes, you've guessed it - Nil starting again.  another tow bump start and I'm home.

Today I had to go to work with minimal tools in MrsG's car - fortunately I'm fully stripping out a bathroom so didn't need many tools. 

This morning at  0700 sharp the 'GriffTile' van was dropped off at mateys garage prearranged for a new starter motor only.  It took them FOUR hours to change the damn thing.  Had to grind off bolt heads, drill out bolts etc. plus whole front bumper / valance has to come off in the first place.  Well to be honest my van doesn't do long distances apart from round trips to Stalham, it's got 176'000 miles on it now and that starter motor is 15 years old, will have been used tens of thousands of times and never been taken off so it doesn't owe me owt.  The invoice inc vat was £306:00 supply / fit so not too bad.  Saved me the hassle of doing it and allowed me to continue working and not let down a client.

Griff

Vauxhal Vivaro 1:9CDTi - The best van I have ever had.  The van prior to that was a Mercedes Vito - Biggest pile of horse manure ever.  Damn thing cost me more to keep on the road than it earnt me - I'm exaggerating slightly of course but due to that experience I now would never ever have Merc van ever again ever and I bought the bl00dy thing from a main dealer too - Should have known better, I kinda knew I was getting a pup but tooooo late by the time my fears were confirmed.

Yertiz Vivaro - now of course it has 'My' cherished plate on it - R641 CHG - Perfect

Griff

BA NBN 139.jpg

• Like 1

some old cars and vans just go on- and on- hence my volvo v70, 17 years old just on 178,000 miles, by the end of the year it will be 200,000, most of the ones I have owned in the past have easily exceeded the 1/4 million miles, so at least a couple more years left in it (fingers crossed and touching wood) this one replaced my 19 year old v70 that needed a new clutch at 268,000 miles.

• Like 1

Sprinter - not heard owt bad about em but then again not looked. My Vito had suffered issues before I bought it, dealership kept them quiet. I found out later. That thing cost me 2 cylinder heads, 2 sets of  injectors, oh and the gearbox once partially fell off - fractured chassis mounting caused by heavy handed dealership mechanics when they changed the head first time

Griff