My Day

LizG

There’s been some amazing colours in the sea and the sky over the last few days. A combination of the the weather and the time of year, at a guess. Haven’t seen it quite like that for a long while. It felt like you could have been abroad. Stunning photos on various FB groups from people lucky enough to be afloat. 

Argh! Who ordered the heatwave? I can tell anyone who wants to hear that heat-stripping varnish in a closed space on a day like today was erm.. hot!!

Nevertheless we are on track and will do an early shift tomorrow, packing up before lunch. 

Today we went back at about 3 but it was hopelessly hot, that’s not happening tomorrow. We will skive off, probably to Ranworth. 

We had a pleasant chat with Paladine and Mrs Paladine in between working. Mrs P was doing a  really lovely pencil drawing.

• Like 3

All set to cool down overnight. Tomorrow should be much more bearable.  Apart from a lunchtime BBQ, I spent my day breaking in my new Adirondack chair, which I built from recycled decking boards. It was very pleasant in the shade, catching up on my reading,  with a cold glass of lemon squash. 

chair.jpg

• Like 7

Tidy up and leave this morning, but we decided that we could have a treat. With treat in mind we headed to Felbrigg Hall, which was a new visit for us. Good choice! The Hall was set in the loveliest grounds; and, being NT, the tea room scones were excellent. 

Star of the show by a long way is the walled garden, with fabulous planting and shady walks. The free range chickens were entertaining the visitors there, strolling about, and the famous dovecote had several resident doves looking picturesque.  (I can’t help feeling that this dovecote has featured in a Harry Potter game I have played.....)

Anyway, back to reality; we set off for home at about 4 and here we are. 

Work on Monday.

We hope to be back on Brilliant in a few days time.  

• Like 3

Felbrigg is one of out favourite NT destinations. We too love the walled garden, which we have visited several times.  Last time we were there it was midsummer and the hens had baby chicks - very cute. The staff used to  try to keep the chickens out of the formal garden, but they now seem to have given up on that idea, which is all to the good in my view.  I can vouch for the restaurant too, having sampled the NT cream teas from their on several occasions.  They also do a great jacket potato with cheese - another favourite of mine.  As well as the house and gardens, there are some lovely walks round the estate, taking in the ice house, an orangery, a lake, which is difficult to see from the house and the estate church. Glad you all enjoyed!

• Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 17:00, NorfolkNog said:

Not a huge Woodfordes fan (apart from Norfolk Nog) :default_icon_e_biggrin:

but saw this up here in flat cap land. Is it Nelsons Revenge re-badged I wonder? 

DSC_0197.JPG

This afternoon we were at Potter I had a pint of Nelson's, it was a different badge but still Nelson's. I asked for a pint of Revenge. The barmaid didn't know what I was talking about. We are moored for the night at Womack,a long day setting of this morning from.Reedham at 06.40.

20190901_192753.jpg

20190901_192819.jpg

• Like 6

Not a great start to my day, 2/3 of the way to work when the battery warning light pops on, pull over to the side of the road, and I have shredded the serpentine belt, remove belt from pulleys and carry on driving to work, making sure all lights etc are turned off to slow down battery drain, parts company contacted and part will be available from 11 am as it needed to be ordered in. so I know what I will be doing later on today.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

Not a great start to my day, 2/3 of the way to work when the battery warning light pops on, pull over to the side of the road, and I have shredded the serpentine belt, remove belt from pulleys and carry on driving to work, making sure all lights etc are turned off to slow down battery drain, parts company contacted and part will be available from 11 am as it needed to be ordered in. so I know what I will be doing later on today.

Working out which of the 80 inaccesable but possible routes is the right one to connect 6 pulleys together?

• Like 2

I have downloaded the official volvo route for the d5 engine on the v70 from 2001-2006, lets just hope the belt is the correct length for the official route. more importantly I have the T60 torx socket needed for the tensioner, which caused me problems when the belt came off previously, most torx sets come with sockets up to T50 so finding the T60 wasnt easy.

Volvo-S60-S80-V70-XC70-XC90–2001-to-2006–D5-2.4D-Auxiliary-Serpentine-Drive-Belt-Routing-Diagram.png

3 minutes ago, grendel said:

I have downloaded the official volvo route for the d5 engine on the v70 from 2001-2006, lets just hope the belt is the correct length for the official route.

Volvo-S60-S80-V70-XC70-XC90–2001-to-2006–D5-2.4D-Auxiliary-Serpentine-Drive-Belt-Routing-Diagram.png

Good luck!  

Regards Happy (aka Alan)

right , part collected, back to work, a quick hour in the car park and i now have the belt on, because it was a brand new belt, the tensioner, even right against the stops was a fraction away from making it easy, so struggling I finally got it over the lip of the final pully, then as my indicator repeater had arrived, that got fitted, then a full check, oil, water, washers and tyre pressures, top up the fuel with sunflower oil (5 litres - £4 at asda) and the car is back in tip top condition.

• Like 2