My Day

LizG

today was the day we have our christmas raffle, to avoid the bribery and corruption rules of the company, individuals are not allowed gifts from our sub contractors and suppliers, so every year the haul is gathered together and raffled off for charity, this year two of our service providers guaranteed to match the value of the tickets sold, so this year we have raised £375, on the raffle so £1125 will be split between the two current charities our office collects to- the British heart foundation, and RCK that feeds over 2000 homeless people every day in london. see below for the collection of prizes - this was just our local office, each office does the same., for my tickets I came away with a huge hotel chocolat advent calender, a bottle of bacardi rum, a bottle of port, a tin of sweets and a bottle of red wine.

2019 raffle.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, grendel said:

today was the day we have our christmas raffle, to avoid the bribery and corruption rules of the company, individuals are not allowed gifts from our sub contractors and suppliers, so every year the haul is gathered together and raffled off for charity, this year two of our service providers guaranteed to match the value of the tickets sold, so this year we have raised £375, on the raffle so £1125 will be split between the two current charities our office collects to- the British heart foundation, and RCK that feeds over 2000 homeless people every day in london. see below for the collection of prizes - this was just our local office, each office does the same., for my tickets I came away with a huge hotel chocolat advent calender, a bottle of bacardi rum, a bottle of port, a tin of sweets and a bottle of red wine.

2019 raffle.jpg

And when did you sneak in and take a photo of our tree? As you can probably guess it's a lot like ours :default_biggrin: Mine is the bottle of Prosecco at the back, the rest is Jay's  :facepalm:

Grace

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Mine is the bottle of Prosecco at the back, the rest is Jay's  :facepalm:

Now of course I've stocked up on more booze for me than you've got in, but the bottle of Prosecco is yours? As in singular?

And you expect anyone to believe that? :default_rofl:

13 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Now of course I've stocked up on more booze for me than you've got in, but the bottle of Prosecco is yours? As in singular?

And you expect anyone to believe that? :default_rofl:

Ooops, did I say bottle, I meant crate :default_biggrin: Get back in the kitchen and make that trifle :default_icon_kiss: Just so you know the sherry goes in it, not down your throat

Grace

2 minutes ago, grendel said:

dont forget to soak up some of the sherry with the amoretti biscuits

1 minute ago, grendel said:

and the brandy goes over the christmas pud

Doesn't your liver soak up the sherry and brandy? :default_biggrin:

Blooming trifle, cant stand the stuff but I'm under orders unfortunately :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Ooops, did I say bottle, I meant crate :default_biggrin: Get back in the kitchen and make that trifle :default_icon_kiss: Just so you know the sherry goes in it, not down your throat

Seeing you after one glass, I really don't think a crate is a good idea..... although :default_norty:

Yes ma'am, your beloved trifle will be ready for you very soon. Now do you want it given to you on the table, or in bed? :default_smiley-angelic002:

On 16/12/2019 at 21:38, SwanR said:

. . . . . . . . . As for those roadworks on the M1 ... I had to go to Northampton yesterday. Noticed that the signs said completion in March 2022!! 

Just spotted your post, Jean.  ‘Those roadworks’ on the M1 between Junctions 13 and 15 have already been in place for over a year and to get to Norfolk, we have the choice of the M1 or A14, neither of which are ideal, although with some local knowledge, I can take a slightly scenic route to Bedford and pick up the A421 there.

A visit to Northampton must have been important -we live on the outskirts and try to avoid the town centre if we can.  Great choice of charity shops though!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

A visit to Northampton must have been important

We were taking my 100 year old mother-in-law to visit my brother-in-law, who lives in Northampton. It feels like I'm chauffeuring the queen when I've got her in the car! 

• Like 2

Well, we took No.2 son back to Bournemouth (Uni) today. A bit earlier than I’d hoped, but it’s good that he’s so independent. He seems a lot more mature than his elder brother, who is still living at home. We didn’t start off from MK until around 11, as I have a commitment to play organ in church, but managed to get to Bournemouth in good time, and even found time for Seren to have a run on the beach before the light failed (and we caught a wonderful sunset).

We have had a lovely Christmas on the whole, though we have been stressing a bit about Graham’s Dad who came down to stay with us. He’s finally admitting that he’s having memory problems, so that’s pretty worrying, especially as he got into a minor financial crisis. Sorted now (we hope), but we are trying to persuade him to come and live with us.

Family...the more you love them...

• Like 1

‘‘Tis the season of playing taxi! We’re planning on running our son back round to West London today. A12 & M25! It was lovely to have my family together on Boxing Day. 

Haven’t been to Bournemouth for years. Must have been lovely to be on the coast Helen. 

• Like 1

On our way up to Brundall, just to check the boat.Will put covers on the boat.Then pop to Wroxham and Potter.Spot of lunch somewhere. Then home.Christmas was nice,a little sad without Poppy (Pops) our cat.Alan and Dave came over for lunch Christmas day.Had lunch with our daughter and son in law yesterday at a pub.Very nice.What ever you are doing have a good day and best wishes for the New Year.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SwanR said:

What did you think of the shop being in the pub now Ian? We usually visit a couple of times during the season.

We called in last Christmas, they were just starting the shop Which was rubbish, also was not impressed with the food.Even though we did not eat today.The menu seems better.Thought the shop looked better today.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hmmm, pubs doing loyalty cards! I can think of several members who wouldn't rest until they had collected the full set.

More of a discount card which they used to do.They would give a 10% discount in the shop,which they stopped last year..During the year we would call in 3 or 4 times at least. As I said they are considering bringing it back year.Which I hope they do.Also missed the news letter,always helpful. 

Gourock. 

Me n MrsG back up here once again. This time for Mums funeral, arrangements etc. 

The weather?  For me it’s like I’ve time warped back to the early Eighties onboard HMS Attacker in Greenock Great Harbour. 

Strong winds, heavy rain all day. Mind you it will improve tomorrow, we will still have the heavy rain all day but the strong winds will have increased to gales. 

Don’t you just love the west coast of Jockland?  It’s like I never left  💕

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Strong winds, heavy rain all day. Mind you it will improve tomorrow, we will still have the heavy rain all day but the strong winds will have increased to gales. 

Don’t you just love the west coast of Jockland?  It’s like I never left

I've been to see my daughter in Gourock twice so far and I think there was every type of weather that seems to change every hour.  One minute bright sunshine, next minute a full blown gale, sun, rain, fog and the last time it was so hot, her birthday cake melted.   I take clothes for all seasons now for a long weekend! 

• Like 3

I had a friend a few years ago whose family had a small estate somewhere  on  the West coast of Scotland and they used to always spend their Christmas's  there. He said they usually  all went for a swim in the sea on Christmas Day  as something to do with the gulf stream used to make it unseasonably warm.

Carole