My Day

LizG

Griff's middle pic shows one "tile", I believe. The individual tilelets are affixed to a backing sheet, and the whole thing is affixed as one. As Griff says, lots of cutting involved if they're as shown, to get them to fit into corners! I used these on my boat. Much easier.

IMG_20200117_183134.thumb.jpg.2f8fe70ac94d05e69d32bf6ab4fcd0af.jpg

And there’s me thinking those kind of tiles come in large sheets like a normal large tile. Wouldn't they be difficult to keep clean? 

Cleaning the face of glazed ceramic tiles is a breeze, as is in this case the face of glass and aluminium.  What it more labour intensive (Slightly) is keeping the grout clean, a waterproof fine smoother grout is therefore easier to keep clean.  Mosaics always present the issue of more cleaning as there is more grout to maintain.

The tiles I am working with are fixed onto a flexible net backing, rigid they are not, in fact each sheet can be rolled through one dimension if one so desires - One should not desire.

The tile that Regulo has shown are a copy mosaic and designed to make believe they are a genuine mosaic - they are of course nothing of the sort.  They are also very easy to cut / fix and grout. A grout line should be maintained to keep the appearance of each small mosaic and of course to aid flexibility between each tile and make them waterproof throughout especially on the grout lines.  The downside is that they don't adept to curves and non flat surfaces very well that we generally find on boats!

I tend to specify a halfway house for tiling in boats, usually a 100 x 100mm tile or a 'Metro' tile (Small brick) works best as they can take up curves and irregularities quite well

Griff

• Like 1

Having decided to bring Lady Linda back to Thorpe from St Olaves for more repair and improvements the high pressure and hopefully Spring tides will make passing under the rail bridge a little easier as we need 8feet. So currently hopping between Bramerton and Whitlingham with the hope if getting in before the weather breaks. We may have to wait a bit longer the way the tides are going.

During today's mooring hopping we saw this Broom forsale. I already have too many projects so maybe someone else will be tempted.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf5ff8a97cd33bed73d2ba30d32505d9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1c8e7633ff4c5dbf59b0ca577528f37.jpeg

She's not far from Freedom boats by river not sure by road. She always looked so good.

Colin :default_winko:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Islander said:

Having decided to bring Lady Linda back to Thorpe from St Olaves for more repair and improvements the high pressure and hopefully Spring tides will make passing under the rail bridge a little easier as we need 8feet. So currently hopping between Bramerton and Whitlingham with the hope if getting in before the weather breaks. We may have to wait a bit longer the way the tides are going.

During today's mooring hopping we saw this Broom forsale. I already have too many projects so maybe someone else will be tempted.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf5ff8a97cd33bed73d2ba30d32505d9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1c8e7633ff4c5dbf59b0ca577528f37.jpeg

She's not far from Freedom boats by river not sure by road. She always looked so good.

Colin :default_winko:

She had some serious money spent on her a few yrs back in brundall , sadly now even passing her you can see the dreaded black areas in the cabin sides .

She is however quite special as she's the first broom 36 , born in 1963 , it might be there were broom 36s in a wooden format but this is definitely ( having been on board and  seen the documentation ) the first with a GRP hull .

Nice boat pampata but need a lot of work to bring her back to amazing .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thursday, silver work. One pendant for lovely niece, two pairs of earrings for darling daughter and one fat robin pendant for me for wearing around Christmas. Also one silver blob that was meant to be one of the earrings and that I melted.:default_dunce:

Friday sewing with friends, this involved croissants and pastries for breakfast, ( did I mention I was on a diet?) and Coronation Chicken  lunch with Eton Mess to follow. 

And yes, we did sew! Two dresses were completed for an Africa Charity. 

Today, avoided the scales!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wedding ring was getting a bit tight a few years back. I must admit that when my Mam died I took her wedding ring, and that’s what I’m currently wearing. Keep meaning to re-do our vows with it and get it blessed as our wedding ring, though a part of me thinks it’s blessed anyway, through connection with my parents. My Mam was so supportive of me and Graham.

I also have my grandmother’s (Nain’s) wedding ring in a pouch, as my Mam kept that when her Mam died. I guess that gesture made it seem okay for me to take my Mam’s ring.

• Like 1

wierd day at work today, as I was preparing my coffee i saw fingers behind the radiator, girding my loins and taking the plunge i reached behind the radiator and touched a hard dessicated surface, carefully preparing myself I managed to grasp it beween fingertips and pulled out ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Rubber Glove.

heavens knows how long it had been there but the rubber was as hard as rock where it had been dessicated by the heat of the radiator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That reminds me of a cactus in a flower pot that my grandmother had in her conservatory many years ago. She was watering it one day when I realised it wasn’t a cactus at all, it was a pair of string gloves (remember them?) with several of the fingers pointing upwards! Gave us all a jolly good laugh for ages.

What a day, I thought i might have a quiet afternoon off, wrong.

8 interconnected propery transactions involving 5 sets of solicitors and someone in Spain started to unravel at lunchtime.

It also involved the Land registry who are 4 months behind with their workload.

After many phone calls and a lot of butt kicking it is finally back on track.

Life should not be this complicated.

Time for a darkened room and a little G &T.

• Like 2