My Day

LizG

My Day?  finished work early on a kitchen wall tiling job, extremely attractive lady house owner made for a pleasant forenoon, not that I noticed (Much), although I did stand on my tongue at least once .

Popped round to Bro's to give him a hand on a re silicone jobby.

Sorted van out.

Went off to a couple of venues around Donny before parting with nearly £200 on a new ledger rod / reel / line to replace one of two that was stolen last year, still to replace t'other one down the road somewhat.

Invited a mate of ours that we lived / worked with 97 - 00 in Gibraltar onboard 'B.A' for a weekend afloat - looking forward to that one as not seen him for an age - he sadly lost his wife a couple of years ago and we really need to catch up.

Going out to local pub for dinner this evening instead of the usual fish n chip shop carry out that we normally do on a Friday - Why? To make the effort and just to be a bit different and get out of the house for an evening seeing as it is Brexit day after all (Am I allowed to say that?)

Working tomorrow as per the norm.

Clay shooting Sunday forenoon.

Then girding my loins and swapping my ageing home / office tower P/C over to a new one recently received - Not much looking forward to that

Griff

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The cctv system onboard was commissioned today.

A good friend wanted to have a go at installing a system on a boat.

It would have been rude to refuse at cost and no labour. :default_biggrin:

Seems a clever system with all sort of fancy back up and access options.

Best bit for me is it can act as an all round reversing camera as visibility is non existent looking back and to the side.

Boys and their toys.

• Like 4

As we are talking about transport at the minute, could anyone tell me how reliable Sanders bus service is on a Sunday please.

It's going to be very important that I know I can rely on them soon, otherwise I need to sort out some alternative and difficult logistics 

Cheers

49 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

As we are talking about transport at the minute, could anyone tell me how reliable Sanders bus service is on a Sunday please.

It's going to be very important that I know I can rely on them soon, otherwise I need to sort out some alternative and difficult logistics 

Cheers

Hi Griff

We’ve used them (Sanders) quite a bit and always found them very reliable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bluebell said:

Hi Griff

We’ve used them (Sanders) quite a bit and always found them very reliable.

Hi mate, Griff is BroadAmbition, I'm Jay, also referred to as that idiot that prattles a load of nonsense :default_biggrin:

Regardless of that, thanks a lot for your information. It is pretty important that they (Sanders) are reliable so your recommendation is much appreciated, thank you :default_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't ever remember getting our change bottle this full before emptying it and counting it up.  The change bottle in our hovel is saved towards holiday spending monies.  Last year we upped the anti so 50p's and below get saved in here.  I am proper intrigued as to how much the total will be in it.

We never spend a 'Twofers' either they are saved separately.  Between the bottle and the barrel it makes a big difference on our foreign holidays spends

Griff

BA NBN 684.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I am proper intrigued as to how much the total will be in it.

Me too, sounds like a NBN challenge to me.... guess the total?

Nearest guess wins. No prizes, for fun only!

My guess is £13.77 ☺

Actually Jay, that was a nice drop of beer, that our Andy brewed up for Lads week from local london wild hops, it was a limited edition run of beer too of I think it was something like 60 bottles, unopened examples now have a scarcity value beyond price.

• Like 1