My Day

LizG

53 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

That's never stopped us in the past.

That was in my mind when you typed it. Many a true word spoken in jest eh John?.

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

. I only mention it now, in response to your rather aggressive post. I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of some of your fellow forum members.

Not aggressive at all Pally,  but taking MMs point above, i just wondered why those members of this forum who jump to conclusions and critisize on certain facebook posts, yet say nothing about a pic posted on here?. 

I`ve noticed a lot recently where people are all too keen to be critical when it suits them, yet say nothing, or argue against their own point when challenged with evidence to the contrary on other issues.

I wasn’t judging either way, in fact I was a bit puzzled by the shouting initially. It was only yesterday evening when I was watching the latest instalment of the YouTube vlog ‘Cruising the Cut’ that I realised at last some live-aboards are staying put during the lockdown. (The Cruising the Cut guy  just got back from New Zealand by the skin of his teeth so is self-isolating because of that).

It  wasn’t the only boat on the move anyway. 

1 hour ago, trambo said:

One of the nicest canal vlogs "Floating our Boat" made by a couple named Fran and Rich finds Rich coming down with all the symptoms. 

We watch this one as well. They’ve just posted an update video which we are about to watch. :)

9 hours ago, HEM said:

First day of "Summertime" and the snowflakes are hitting the window panes.

That was in the morning.  The last few hours have strong sunshine, clouds streets and a bitterly cccold NNE wind.

Not so much the Siberian Blast - more like the Norwegian version - straight from Spitzbergen.

Thanks. Have subscribed to Floating our Boat, and have spent the last couple of hours recovering from exertions on the allotment watching some of their vlogs. After watching their latest couple of vlogs where Rich has ‘it’ (the virus) I started watching some of their Grand Union episodes (naturally zoning into ones near MK). Loved the way they explain they have a ‘book problem’. (Each time they travel home they take books back, home but end up bring even more back to the boat.) 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HEM said:

That was in the morning.  The last few hours have strong sunshine, clouds streets and a bitterly cccold NNE wind.

Not so much the Siberian Blast - more like the Norwegian version - straight from Spitzbergen.

Exactly the same on the North Norfolk Coast.

• Like 1

My day, I came home from my night shift, smashed some walls around in the bathroom putting a cabinet and mirrors up, remembering why I never do these things straight off of nights :facepalm:

I'm now being seen in the hospital (not DIY related) and it is like something out of a horror film it is that deserted as I walk the corridors.

I'm still not touching that tree in the garden that I need to cut down though, that's still on track for it's 2028 completion date 

12 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I'm still not touching that tree in the garden that I need to cut down though, that's still on track for it's 2028 completion date 

I am determined that the car doesn't get cleaned - cleaned all the inside windows this morning - its nice to be able to see out of them clearly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, w-album said:

I am determined that the car doesn't get cleaned - cleaned all the inside windows this morning - its nice to be able to see out of them clearly!

Meant house windows, not car - I do clean the car windows more regularly than I clean the actual car!

• Haha 1

I walked to the marina office (to get post) 300 yards, only the 2nd time I've been off the boat in a month (Can't shift a cough).. Thought I was in a horror movie so ran back to the boat, drew the curtains and will just stay here for another couple of weeks.. sod being outside! :default_blink: :default_hiding: :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Guest GreenJack

I hope you are ok too Jay, I've read many of your posts and they always raise a smile.

I enjoy seeing everybodies daily workings in this thread. Keep it up everyone