My Day

LizG

58 minutes ago, HEM said:

2 days ago we bought the garden furniture out of the shed/carport.

This normally brings on several weeks of rain but so far none.

The  weather has not been told about the corona virus,  so it's being traditional,  it's waiting for the bank holiday to get bad... 

Popped round to our neighbour behind ours.  Cleaned out the gutter then cleaned the outside of said gutter, facia n soffit.  Tomorrow I will give the gable end and front of house the same treatment.

Whilst I was up the ladders a neighbour of hers rang her noticing what I was doing and said she had grass growing out of her gutters.  Really? What does she want me to do about it then - Mow it or weed it?  This was always going to be an issue, before you know it I will have no end of requests for the same  treatment.  Well I did our neighbours as a favour as I like helping her out but there has got to be a limit.

Before and after photo's

Griff

BA NBN 719.jpg

BA NBN 720.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Whilst I was up the ladders 

Nobody. I stress that nobody, is even thinking about those ladders slipping out from beneath you Mr Griff Sir :default_smiley-angelic002:

Right, back to our patio area.  The dwarf wall has had its third and final coat of paint, we are both happy with the results, no more breeze block to look at

Commenced hand cleaning the slate, it soon became apparent that green nylon pad was bouncing off it.  Needed something stronger, into my tip of a garage and miraculously found some coarse grade wire wool - much better.  Needed to frequently change the water between scrubbing and rinsing / wiping off.  Fortunately when I installed our current kitchen I had the rare foresight to fit both hot and cold outside taps.  Saves getting hot water from inside the domestic Goddes's domain.  I'm going to go over the lot again tomorrow then re-grout

Griff

BA NBN 721.jpg

BA NBN 722.jpg

• Like 1

My day today, was tidying the other half of he conservatory, half is my workshop, and that is getting kind of overcrowded with tools so i wanted some more space. now when i moved into half of the conservatory the stuff in that half had been moved to the other half, and it had a lot of boxes of my ex's stuff too. so basically there was a path from my workshop to the door and that was it - the rest was roof high.

so 10 am i started, stuff was moved out into the garden, rubbish was bagged up, more stuff moved, just after lunch i had one side clear so i took the opportunity to use the part roll of lino i had sitting there, width wise it was about a foot short, and length wise about 3 foot short, but its a start. then it was shifting things around and putting all the stuff to keep back in, though there are still boxes to go through and stuff to throw. anyway after 7 hours hard graft there is an area of floor nearly 6 foot square, and a big pile of rubbish in the garden awaiting the reopening of the local tip.

its been very tiring, but also going through the junk left by my ex and binning what isnt needed has been good too, i had put it off way too long.

I use plastic tubs for storing a lot of things as these are readily available from work, and they keep things dry, i also found we have a leak in the roof somewhere, so i will need to find that and fix it.

for anyone that is interested both halves of my conservatory were second hand and had to be disassembled on site and transported home and reassembled, both at different times, the second was reassembled with an extra bay and shortened to match the existing, then to join them one of the end panels of glass was removed, the sliding door in the workshop half was blocked off and the door in the new section is now used to access the garden.

Still a work in progress as there is a stack of ercol chairs that need to be found a home, which will free up a lot more space.

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG