My Day

LizG

The good news is that we didn't finish sorting out all the paperwork brought down from the office yesterday.  We did generate 3 x full black bags of shreddies though. We ceased our labours at 1600.  We both seem to be doing that nowadays, starting later and finishing earlier and then taking our time.  I feel I am getting proper lazy and lackadaisical (Good word that but a right pain to spell).   Anyroadup -   This means we can carry that job over to Monday.

Today being a day off I will wander down to our local Spar shop this morning a buy a Sunday paper (and a few essential items) Something I never do when at home normally.  I should have been out all day today at a competition clay shoot at Azerly. Hey Ho, it is what it is.

Stayed up late last night and watched the latest Star Wars film - 'The Rise of Skywalker'   Proper enjoyed that

Griff

53 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

Nice early(for me) start today, out for my daily exercise along the sea front with a stop at the shop for few bits, next up a nice hot bath followed by a grubby fry up:default_biggrin:

I know it's not the Broads but anyone care to guess the location?

20200419_073408.jpg

Looking at it another way. I don't suppose I will be there again this year:default_badday:20180610_121641.thumb.jpg.f0c7098bcf643cf4c32f13355ab5fe51.jpg

20180610_143554.thumb.jpg.c7359fbf23dd16c05af3dc6668f3bc38.jpg

20180610_144023.thumb.jpg.ae138566174c95bd7dfd060b40ad1716.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

What boat were you on there Chris? The only time I get to see the view from that side is if I go round to Shotley in the car.

It should have been an Orwell and Stour cruise on Hydrogen. However we had to miss out the Stour due to conditions and headed out to sea instead.

I thought I might try for the Stour on a Harwich barge sailing this year but maybe in 2021.

Ah

41 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

It should have been an Orwell and Stour cruise on Hydrogen. However we had to miss out the Stour due to conditions and headed out to sea instead.

I thought I might try for the Stour on a Harwich barge sailing this year but maybe in 2021.

Back in the late 80's, when I was about 6 or 7, we had a 22ft Plywood sailing boat(a Mystic 22 i think - had a cabin with flush deck) which was kept on a swinging mooring/mud berth down on the Stour at Bradfield and I remember quite a few trips up and down but we never went as far as Harwich for some reason. That boat also made it to the broads, being craned in at LBBY, when we also had a houseboat at Horning for the week.

Prior to that boat there had also been a clinker built sailing dinghy which did  service on both the Stour and the Broads at various times.

I seem to recall quite a few eventfull moments being caused by dodgy outboards. Seagull and SeaBee both being pretty deadful....

15 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Wherrynice - Same place-ish, July 2013

Griff

Thanks for those Griff, it's always strange/nice seeing a Broads cruiser in places they were never intended to be.

I take it those pics are fom the trip you made to Ipswich with The Corsican? I watched the YouTube video of that, in particular as you entered Harwich I was hoping the camera would pan around to see Old Harwich etc but alas it never did...

• Like 1

Sidetracking for a moment ... but we did get talking about Dovercourt, Harwich and Shotley and it is boat related! One of my grandmothers came from the area and I have been there many times over the years.

One day in August 2010 I drove up there for a wander round on my own. Saw the Trinity House vessel Patricia coming in to dock having watched it from a long way out. You can book holidays to go out with them while they are working "maintaining navigational buoys and lightvessels, attending and refuelling offshore lighthouses and on occasion dealing with emergencies at sea."

https://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/patricia-voyages

I took what I still consider to be one of my best ever photos.

Patricia.thumb.jpg.868ac3e546bfcbb388e5a15f6fcf690d.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Sidetracking for a moment ... but we did get talking about Dovercourt, Harwich and Shotley and it is boat related! One of my grandmothers came from the area and I have been there many times over the years.

One day in August 2010 I drove up there for a wander round on my own. Saw the Trinity House vessel Patricia coming in to dock having watched it from a long way out. You can book holidays to go out with them while they are working "maintaining navigational buoys and lightvessels, attending and refuelling offshore lighthouses and on occasion dealing with emergencies at sea."

https://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/patricia-voyages

I took what I still consider to be one of my best ever photos.

Patricia.thumb.jpg.868ac3e546bfcbb388e5a15f6fcf690d.jpg

I never knew you take a holiday on board, it looks excellent but a bit out of my price range sadly.

Day off yesterday so proper lazy. Actually read the lot of a Sunday paper including the glossy insert.  Another film viewed start to finish - Reach for the Sky.  I felt it was my turn to produce a full Sunday dinner so I did.  Nowt to it, wonder what all the fuss is about.  It just the same or used to be when MrsG would state  'I've spent all day washing'  -  Well she has been found out!  All day my backside.  Simple matter of putting it in the machine and pressing a button.  Although hanging it out is a science I will never understand.  Every time I opt to have a go, its either in the wrong order, not hung the 'Correct' way up/down/sideways or even worse wrong colour pegs! - I ask you!

Today - Another full 3 x bin bags of shreddies. That's six in total, can't quite believe it.   The sorting of the filing system complete.  Tomorrow will see some of it up the loft and the rest put away.  The two drawer filing cabinet is no more, now it is just one drawer sat forlornly on t office floor.  A replacement filing wallet of some description will be arriving in due course.

That's for tomorrow as is the next item on the list.  Our 'Glory Hole' otherwise known as the understairs cupboard.  Everything is coming out of there tomorrow and I do mean everything

MrsG's car still not had its interior vale, why am I not surprised?

My hair is still toooo long

Time for me to get suitably attired and go for my hours walk down our local small river and back

2230 - Onwards, I shall be watching another film in HD with full surround system, the base of which is awesome.  Which film?  No idea as to what as of yet

Photo found was taken in GYA Sept 94, My late Mum, her late partner and mysen of course.  No idea if Sid is still on the planet

Griff

BA NBN 746.jpg

BA NBN 747.jpg

• Like 5

Well Groundhog day dawned once again in this seemingly eternal life of Sundays. Too late for a morning walk today so a bacon sandwich n cuppa got things started followed by on/off Tv/YouTube along with finally finishing an Airfix style kit of the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard that I started years ago(I dont normally go in for 'Airfix' as I find it far too fiddly and frustrating but it was a gift so......).

The colours are a bit weird as I only had actual car spray and touch up paint, so it's VW Mars Red with Dragon Green bits where it should be black...

An evening walk followed, sea front again, water's a bit lumpier this time but still a nice view ...

20200420_211912.jpg

20200420_211925.jpg

20200420_202036.jpg

• Like 4

Anyone looking for a film to watch to fill their time? If you have access to Sky movies then I highly recommend Yesterday. An easy watch, a clever idea, good music and local interest with a lot of filming around Gorleston. 

• Thanks 4

My MrsG has just announced that B&Q is now open.

Really?

Well that's just fine and dandy, now I can sleep easy at nights knowing that

I'm a bit concerned.  Of late, she has been looking up 'Divorce Lawyers' on t internet.

Now I spy her looking up 'Hit Men' - Should I be worried?

Griff

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

My MrsG has just announced that B&Q is now open.

Really?

Well that's just fine and dandy, now I can sleep easy at nights knowing that

I'm a bit concerned.  Of late, she has been looking up 'Divorce Lawyers' on t internet.

Now I spy her looking up 'Hit Men' - Should I be worried?

Griff

Maybe you are in for a "Roasting"

Screenshot_20200422-122005_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f32289ebaf80e91f7a52e0e14e4476b4.jpg

• Haha 4

Office sort out completed.  Although I now have a fair few hours of inputting information / documents and the like into the p/c - That will be for another day sometime.  Then there will be scanning and sorting into some sort of order thousands (And I do mean thousands) of slide photo's that Mum n Dad took of the Broads 50's through to the 90's, not to mention the developed paper ones too  :default_icon_eek:

Today is 'Glory Hole Day'

A new item on the list supplied by MrsG (Who else?)  Apparently our desk in t office is looking somewhat tired, I will admit that I have to agree with her on this one.  So a laminate worktop of some 3m has now been ordered.  Upon taking delivery sometime next week I am tasked with cutting it to size then installing it wall to wall in said office.  Apparently also she has decided that the office is due to be repainted throughout.  Now that B&Q is now open according to her, she will be able to obtain her chosen colour of paint too, no wonder she was full of joy and glee on that one

At this rate I'll never get the garage sort out commenced, neither will she get the inside of her car valeted

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1