My Day

LizG

We seem to be inundated with pigeons and collared doves this year and their repetitive constant call from 4.00 am is slowly driving us potty. (Where's Griff with his gun when you need him!!) This has got me wondering whether anyone knows whether our usual cuckoo visitor to Brundall has made it safely  this year?

Carole

25 minutes ago, addicted said:

We seem to be inundated with pigeons and collared doves this year and their repetitive constant call from 4.00 am is slowly driving us potty. (Where's Griff with his gun when you need him!!) This has got me wondering whether anyone knows whether our usual cuckoo visitor to Brundall has made it safely  this year?

Carole

I heard a cuckoo when we were moored at How Hill last Saturday 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lulu said:

I heard a cuckoo when we were moored at How Hill last Saturday 

Traditionally I've always heard it for the first time in a year while out on the water for the 3 Rivers Race, But having been out gardening for several weeks I heard one about 4 weeks ago..

• Like 1

Thank you John  I'm really pleased to hear that, It used to be often in the trees just behind our mooring and  Each Spring I used to wait anxiously to hear it's first call and know It had made it  back there safely. Mind you after a few weeks of its repetitive, incessant call I used to wish it elsewhere!

Carole

My birthday 🎁 and it is a strange feeling that Warp, who grew up in this house has to sit outside for a birthday visit. Madness. However we shall indeed have a nice outdoor afternoon tea, take away from our favourite coffee shop. 🎂

• Like 8

22 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Up to Brundall and back today, took the Broom back ready for launching, one day.

Driving was like being back in the late 70s, hardly any traffic about, a very pleasant drive for a change.

If the pubs were open, it would be every broads lovers dream:default_icon_bowdown:.

Well, as old Arkwright was known to say, "it's been a funny old day".

It's been very close to something we used to call "normal". Jamie, the eldest went back to school full time today having done afternoons only last week so it was up with the lark. Alexa was very good and remembered the correct responses to "Alexa, good morning", reading my diary for today and tomorrow, not that there is anything in it right now, then the weather forecast, switched on Virgin radio and then the lights. Maybe that last bit was necessary in March but not now, so that will need to be changed. 

So stagger to the bathroom for the morning ablutions, start the bath running for bratticus prime, shout round his door and on with the business of getting him to school. 

After that the normal Monday chores. Shopping, B&Q, Farmfoods and Tesco. No queues to mention and everything we needed on the shelves. Home for lunch, sort the recycling, tidy the bombsite of a lounge, hoover, washing machine, dishwasher and time to do the school run again.

Very normal ... 

• Like 1

My world was simply turned upside down yesterday with the news that within 24 hours of my middle daughter having a doctor's appointment (call) Monday morning because she had been feeling out of sorts, then a subsequent blood test at 2 in the afternoon, a call in the middle of the night from the doctor on call (infact they rang her flat door bell as her phone was on silent) and in the local hospital at 4.30 am and by 4pm in in UCL Hospital with the diagnosis she has leukaemia!  Thankfully it is not the worst type to have but the treatment will be horrid for her and she can't have any visitors for four weeks.  Tomorrow is her birthday!

I can not fault the NHS!!

• Sad 8
  • Love 5