• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Malanka

Never Ending Story

Kids? And Boat? Both worth it!!! ❤️ 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Malanka said:

Kids? And Boat? Both worth it!!! ❤️ 

Add in grandchildren and it makes a boat  seem cheap :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Woo hoo Malanka is FLOATING.!!!!!!! She looks great too. B7D548F9-2101-4D5A-ADF0-33ACF80F284F.thumb.jpeg.09af984e2d7874f6ea855fd5d9f24068.jpegAC87B601-08A3-4532-8B52-0CA68FD75223.thumb.jpeg.c0e3b114458c6b49491781b4eddc2e57.jpeg

• Like 7

She looks great too. 

Of course she does, she always does too :default_beerchug:

Mind you, sadly she does not always look pristine after a while in the ever increasing leaky wet shed prior to Simpsons taking her round to their place before to you board

Griff

She is going under their wet shed for a couple more weeks while the interior woodwork ( soft patch) and window replacement and a little varnishing is completed. 

Job front is progressing. Fingers still crossed I could be back in UK before Easter.  If I am the nightmare of the tax men will be upon me. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Malanka said:

If I am the nightmare of the tax men will be upon me. 

54 minutes ago, Malanka said:

Oh and the new cooker too. 

Is "Cooker evasion" an offence?

• Haha 1

No it’s just we will be transiting between uk and ch tax systems and the two of them don’t get on that well. Basically the uk does what it likes,  right legally or not, then makes you claim money back they take without cause. Im so looking forward to that. 

A very good friend of mine and ex mentor who recently retired back to the uk after 12 years in Switzerland is still having no end of issues after he went back last January. The uk insisting he needs to pay income tax on a tax rebate which in CH is given the end of the following tax year. Tax on taxed money go HMRC our best and brightest . Not 

HMRC, only contact them by phone and insist on a name and spelling of said name, DO not email.

If you insist on the correct name spelling and the name of their supervisor it becomes their problem to sort!

NOT the systems.

The cost of waiting on the phone by far is better than banging your head against a brick wall!

Treat them like USA customs, they are programmed to have no sense of humour.

paul

• Like 1

Excellent advice which I will be following. The department of no sense of humour ( homeland security) and I got on quite well in the end. The agents in San Diego and I were on first name terms ( them to me not other way round) I always find asking any public servant for their name and the name of their immediate supervisor helps focus their efforts especially as they record all calls too. When my mother was being treated appallingly in Broomfield Hospital just before she died and they lost hearing aids wedding rings jewelry you name it, it certainly worked on the medics I spoke with. 

Amazing what the implied threat of someone who doesn’t accept their claptrap does to their sphincters I must say. 

Anyway great advice and I will take it thanks