Hoping Some "tachsperts" Might Have An Idea!

On my desctop PC I have a soundblaster audigy card and a set of soundworks audigy 5.1 speakers. I have had this setup for a while with no problems. I like to record stuff to burn onto cg's etc. I use both HiQ recorder and Ashampoo recorders which profess to record "what you hear", ie. what goes through the soundcard. All of a sudden the recorders are failing to pick anything up or just a very faint rumble. The sound indicators barely shiver! I can still simply listen to stuff as before from any format with no problem, just cannot record anything anymore! I have checked all my settings for the soundcard, players, everything I can think of but no change! Any ideas??

The second "problem" is not really a problem, just puzzling and frustrating. Bottom right on the monitor (taskbar) among the symbols is one that used to list all the available connections to the internet. Now it only shows me mine! This seemed to happen after the latest windows 10 update. So, two questions arise! Any idea where my "list" has gone? and, how do I switch off automatic windows 10 updates??

cheers in anticipation!

It sounds like both are a result of a recent update. Your sound recording software will have an option somewhere to select the recording source...microphone, soundcard etc.

Here's how to turn off Windows 10 updates

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

I got shut of the Windows 10 machine and I'm now revelling in the bliss of a Windows 7 world...where things work fast with no interruptions! :naughty: