Huston - We Have A Problem

Last night my desktop P/c shut itsen down abruptly. A quick check with the trusty multimeter revealed that the PSU was receiving 240v in but no action, output or fan running. It's a 'Be Quiet' 350w unit. Fortunately I'm working in Donny today so I hope I can get one off the shelf. All my work stuff etc is on that P/c and being able to access it is kinda handy. P/c world etc will have me at their doors this lunchtime 

Griff

if worst comes to worst, you can pop the old hard drive into a hard drive caddy and access all your data from it, Just had similar with my dads laptop- (it was 10 years old) it was working fine thursday, - friday. turns it on and --- Nothing, just one green light to say its plugged in.

we got him a new laptop, and I spent 3 days getting it set up back the way he liked it (with the old versions of office, publisher etc).

For anyone who needs accessabilty for their data. Try one of these,it's like having your own personal cloud access from any device auto back up as you go. no need to store any music or photos on your phone either as you can stream straight from the device as long as you have a signal

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-cloud.html#RWDBCTL0010HWT-EESN

Start at 1TB for £57.99

3 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

For anyone who needs accessabilty for their data. Try one of these,it's like having your own personal cloud access from any device auto back up as you go. no need to store any music or photos on your phone either as you can stream straight from the device as long as you have a signal

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-cloud.html#RWDBCTL0010HWT-EESN

Start at 1TB for £57.99

I have one but it is all but useless for backup.

It is difficult to setup and when accessed via wifi it is sooooo slow,

So I have reverted to external hard drive usb 3 for backup's.

Could be the way I set it up BUT it is certainly not plug & play.

Sorted, new PSU installed and connected, all seems to be working fine and dandy.  There was just one plug that was a 4 x way and is now a 6 x way, but a bit of common-sense thinking, elimination and actually using ones Port and Stbd lookouts properly for a change seems to have done the trick.  Just gotta tidy up the cables, tie-wrap and then the put the side panels on, not just a pretty face this kid.

Griff

• Like 3