Burgee Jack-Staffs

cheersbar

Can anyone help, please? We need two burgee jack-staffs/jack-poles/flagpoles to fit our 1.25ins diameter front rails or two that will fit 45degs angled grab-handles aft which are 1ins dia. (The ones at Norfolk Marine will only go up to 1ins max dia and will only fit horizontal rails).They need to be 18ins or so in length.

I spent over an hour yesterday on the web trying to source some to no avail.

cheers

:wave

Hi John,

I'm assuming you've already tried ASAP in Beccles and as another suggestion, try these people in Luton http://www.ecs-marine-equipment.co.uk/

A lot of the stuff they supply finds its was to places like Norfolk Marine but they may well have something that will fit the bill for you cheers

Thanks, Jim and to make it easier to understand what I'm after here's a couple of pics of the bars in question:

post-508-136713631405_thumb.jpg

post-508-136713631436_thumb.jpg

The front ones may even be 1.5ins dia.

cheers

:wave

You should be able to mix and match from these John, will make up to most diameters and angles when used in combination, obviously you would need to get the staff separately.

http://www.makefast.com/sprayhood_section/tube_tube.asp

cheersbar

Yes, they look just the job, many thanks... err, now where do I get bits of s/s tube flattened at one end? :naughty::naughty:

cheers:wave

Problem solved then John by the looks of things! Looking at the site David posted the link to, I'd imagine anyone locally that makes canopies might be able to give you a pointer to a local supplier.

At least you have decent sized rails. Our pulpit rail is quite small in diameter and finding the right clip to fix the NBN flag to the rail has led me all over as it seems very few can cope with smaller rails. Their only suggestion is to "fatten it up" with some hosepipe to increase the diameter :cry