Droney Mcdronefly

JawsOrca

:) It's a Parrot Bebop.. it's been the hardest thing to buy (Got it just after christmas)... as there are so many..and the price varies hugely.. eventually I decided on this one (mainly as it's a well known brand for me anyway, it had ok reviews, its small and good integrated camera and nibble enough to "play" with it can also be confirgured with autopilot to go off and do it's own thing which i need to play with).. I'm kinda pleased I didnt go too nuts as I've only taken it out a couple of times.  

It's a bit of a pain to try to fly Mark, it's really stable in the air but It can't be flown when it's windy or wet so limits it's use.. it's bloody quick though and if it goes just out of eye view it has the habit of doing it's own thing.. for some reason too it won't go very high but I think the government have limited it's attitude now considering the misuse of them but I'll get it out more over the summer hopefully and will get better at it 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

So 500 feet? How high do you want!! :naughty:

Is it... i'm crap with maths.. hence got fired from my computer job...It's not doing that at the moment though... think there's a setting to unset somewhere then :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Is it... i'm crap with maths.. hence got fired from my computer job...It's not doing that at the moment though... think there's a setting to unset somewhere then :)

hence  the paper templates for the carpets :-) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

And I believe not within 50m of a vessel that is not under your control.

And that can be 'above' it too.

I have a licence to fly models of all types and Insurance cover

of up to £25,000,00 for public liability.

As an aside, I can plug my drone into my laptop and set the

maximum height and distance from me.

At 400ft it is a job to see it anyway!

Legislation is in the pipeline to make Insurance mandatory too.

• Like 3

Obviously all, I hastern to add that I like to think I'm a responsible individual.. I have read the drone code at least once. The broads isn't ideal place to fly these as it is populated but I will try to get some good footage ... 

I'd love to see what others have done.. Andy I know you have one.. and BB I bet you have some amazing stuff :)

• Like 2

I find myself torn with these things. Yes they have their uses and I have absolutely no problem with them being used for constructive purposes, it's the "leisure" flying where I see problems arising.

At the moment they have novelty value and the fascination of watching them perform, but there is a risk that on somewhere like the broads, holiday makers will be wanting to use them as flying cameras. Imagine if all the holiday snaps being taken came with that whining noise. Never mind people running their engines at unsociable hours, half a dozen drones buzzing about at sunset will soon disturb we band of alkies.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I find myself torn with these things. Yes they have their uses and I have absolutely no problem with them being used for constructive purposes, it's the "leisure" flying where I see problems arising.

At the moment they have novelty value and the fascination of watching them perform, but there is a risk that on somewhere like the broads, holiday makers will be wanting to use them as flying cameras. Imagine if all the holiday snaps being taken came with that whining noise. Never mind people running their engines at unsociable hours, half a dozen drones buzzing about at sunset will soon disturb we band of alkies.  

Good job a college and I never got our daft idea off the ground of fitting a flight deck on my boat and flying our R/C aircraft off it - even designed the catapult and arrestor gear !

I really don't understand people negativity.. All this is a flying camera... when used correctly they are no danger to aviation.. it's no different than a camcorder which has been used for many many years.. An engine running past your boat makes more noise than this.. Someone can walk up to your boats window and take a video with a smart phone.. a drone isn't any more deadly. 

What they do is give an unseen view of the world and the broads.. they aren't cheap so there is no way I let this out of my sight.. 

Sadly I'm not going to stop using this on the broads although I may stop sharing on the forum as it's just not worth sharing on here some times..

• Like 4

You are one of the most caring and dedicated people I have had the good fortune to come to know, there is no way you will misuse or put anyone or anything in danger with your drone thinghy, so please keep it coming. I very much appreciate being able to see the Broads when I can't be there as often as I would like, thank you for taking the time and effort to post the lovely film

Grace :kiss

p.s I still love that bench lol

• Like 2