Boats Far From Home

I've seen a few ex broads crusers, of many designs on the leeds liverpool canal, recently, one was registered in beccles i believe or tat was its name not too sure, i have seen one or two buccaneers and the odd Hampton safari i believe or very good replicas i didn't snap a photo :( really should have done.

I would also add one of the old rexmoore's (belive they were called moores 40's or similar) has made its way onto the themes, still a hire cruiser, which is interesting.

The great ouse near, little Ouseburn near York has a large quantity of ex Broads boats.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

7 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Here's one for you then. Currently a liveaboard near Rochester but can you identify her?  Those distinctive lines will pose no problem at all for the old sages amongst us :default_wink:

P1010197.thumb.JPG.d0408e585fe960921341cf2ca5df52db.JPG

Has a water skier gone splatt into his starboard bow, or is that some serious damage?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gallipoli said:

I would also add one of the old rexmoore's (belive they were called moores 40's or similar) has made its way onto the themes, still a hire cruiser, which is interesting.

That's interesting, do you happen to know who's running it?

• Like 1

That's interesting, do you happen to know who's running it?

This is the website unfortunately i can't read the name due to the format on my phone but here is the link

Edit; the name's in the link, Caversham Boat Services

http://www.cavershamboatservices.co.uk/html/marquis.html

• Like 1

I really love the fact that we can talk about other waterways outside the Broads, after all we have all had experiences of other waterways pre Broads, during Broads, after broads and in our case all three lol.

In many cases, like our Viking, it has been on several water ways, and here we are finding Broads boats country wide, I guess if we looked closer, we will find them in France, and we have also found them in Ireland etc

This widens our boating experiences, ok it might make a few of us venture on to the Ouse, or Caledonian water ways etc, but with the great value that the Broads offers, I see these excursions being in addition to our Broads fix.

So thank you forum for letting us venture outside the Broads sometimes, it adds to the overall well being of the forum and its members.

Richard

• Like 7

I'm not sure that the Caversham one is an ex-Rexmore? Lady Suzanne definitely is, though.
The design is a Bounty 40. Sometimes referred to as a Moores or Silverine 40, but Bounty Boats is where the mould came from.
Quite a nice design, although the cockpit is a bit small in proportion to the boat in a 6+2 berth configuration.
Happy to see other waterways being discussed! I've cruised various waterways and will continue to do so (I hope!).

Interesting, i agree th proportions are off, when we were on the broads last week i was saying that the cockpit pf rexmoore is too stubby nice boat but a tad stubby, only reason I say it is an ex rexmoore, is due to what i heard when, brinkcraft bought out moores they said ome was going to the Thames i don't know how reliable that is but hey

3 hours ago, rightsaidfred said:

Kris Cruisers at Datchet have had it on their fleet for years, they also have an Aquafibre Pearl amongst others, they had some sort of tie up with  Moores at one time.

My mistake, for some reason I thought it was one of the older Bourne 40's.  I know all about Kris Cruisers as I was an engineer there for 10 years between 91 and 2001, Vaughan was just down the river at Staines for a couple of those years.  They have 2 x AF Pearls built new in 1990 and I must have crawled over most of them over the years, especially those blood canopy winches which we accessed though a tiny hatch under the helm seat.  Pretty sure I would get stuck fast if I tried that now !!

They have no connection to Moore's apart from buying 2 of their boats, they are completely independent and family owned since 1966. 

• Like 1

NeilB

Sorry I didn't make myself clear I know the company`s were both family owned and not connected in that sense we holidayed with  both , but I understood from Anthony Trafford (Moores) back in the early 2000s that Moores supplied Kris cruisers including fitting out day boats for them.

Fred

• Like 1

I left in April 2001, we had some new Rapier 20 day boats near the end of my time but pretty sure these were built by Fineway.  We also had a pontoon boat around the same time as Moores got theirs.  My boss knew quite a few of the broads yards and we had good relations with several.

8 hours ago, Vaughan said:

This looks like a wooden boat as you can see the planks.

There has obviously been a lot of modification over the years, but are we looking at a Richardsons Fineway or similar?

She's a southern rivers boat Vaughan and except for the large well taking the place of her rearmost cabin the hull and cabin sides are mostly true to original. The fixed wheelhouse is new though, she used to go under potter!

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

She's a southern rivers boat Vaughan and except for the large well taking the place of her rearmost cabin the hull and cabin sides are mostly true to original. The fixed wheelhouse is new though, she used to go under potter!

Does that mean Harry Collins, of Oulton Broad?

The caption off BBC news app refers to Bradwell but the picture looks very like Woodbridge. I have not been up to the tide mill since 2011 but I am sure that bathtub was not there then in the livaboard quarter,DSC_0444.thumb.JPG.bc057bb7e53b888f481c5906156c5485.JPGDSC_0443.thumb.JPG.fe7d858388c40a6371e3097c3ae3125c.JPG

• Like 2

On 20/07/2017 at 4:59 PM, Jocave said:

Spotted this one up in Lancaster, has a John Williams boats Norfolk plaque on the side.

IMG_20170719_183106.jpg

Interesting one. I know that stretch of canal in Lancaster a bit as my son is living there. The owner is using the John Williams name Kara Sea which the boat originally had in the 1980s before it transferred to Sutton Staithe boatyard. 

• Like 3