Boats Far From Home

'Old Woody'

You sure?  looks like a tupperware hull to me with timber topsides.

I would also state that is a Bourne 40 hull, or in other words one of the original six Star Supreme class, but which one?  I think you just may have stumbled across one of the 'Missing' sister boats of 'B.A'    :default_smiley-char054:        :default_beerchug:   

Pity there is no reg numbers on view, maybe the current owners know something of her history

Griff

• Like 3

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:50, Londonlad1985 said:

On the River Lea. Harry is looking a bit sorry his self at Tottenham Hale. Excuse the slanty horizon. 

20190317_114510.jpg

The rivers and waterways of Britain can be a wonderful sight, what with nature adding their abundance of colour and sounds. Unfortunately the human side of things can bring that down with laziness and the feeling that as I'm okay, I don't care what it looks like around me while I'm on the river. So sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

'Old Woody'

I would also state that is a Bourne 40 hull, or in other words one of the original six Star Supreme class, but which one?  I think you just may have stumbled across one of the 'Missing' sister boats of 'B.A'    :default_smiley-char054:        :default_beerchug:   

Pity there is no reg numbers on view, maybe the current owners know something of her history

Griff

If the hull and suoerstructure shape dont give it away the cockpit sides certainly do!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

'Old Woody'

Griff

Haha well live and learn! 

I've never seen the owners and not seen it move for a week or so I'll certainly ask them if I see them. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I've never seen the owners and not seen it move for a week or so I'll certainly ask them if I see them. 

Leave a note onboard with my contact details?  And do it quick before they lugger off somewhere!

Griff

Please can you.....    :)

• Like 2

Had friends that lived there 20yrs back, please tell me the lovely place hasn`t been ruined by housing estates.
I didn't see all of it by any means, but it seems a really nice place still.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Leave a note onboard with my contact details?  And do it quick before they lugger off somewhere!

Griff

Yes, no problem, I'm not going along that way until the weekend though, but I've seen them all along that stretch so I'm sure they won't have moved far. 

On 29/05/2019 at 05:55, Londonlad1985 said:

Yes, no problem, I'm not going along that way until the weekend though, but I've seen them all along that stretch so I'm sure they won't have moved far. 

Went back today, and wouldn't you know it they'd gone, and I did 4km of tow path on the hunt for perch. I'll keep my port and starboard lookouts open though. They'll not be far. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Londonlad1985 said:

Went back today, and wouldn't you know it they'd gone, and I did 4km of tow path on the hunt for perch. I'll keep my port and starboard lookouts open though. They'll not be far. 

I'll keep an eye out for it moored up in Ware. Doubt they would come up that far but there were two ex Broads cruisers around at the New Year moored up between Ware and Stanstead Abbotts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:44, BroadAmbition said:

And do it quick before they lugger off somewhere!

Sigh,    Now what part of the above did not compute?

Griff

It was the spelling Griff. Luggered if I can think of it being anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NeilB said:

I reckon £40K is a tad expensive, there's an old Herbert Woods woody next to it as well !

Probably so, bearing in mind Swan Royale is up for sale :default_crying1animated: for 33k with a more modern engine and bow thrusters. .

It does look like a genuine 32 as well. I don't think very many were made in that length, loads of 35 and 42 of course. I wonder what its history is?

• Like 2

I've often wondered the same thing Howard as it's been in Bristol for some years and this is the second time it's come up for sale in the last couple of years. Alas there's no Broads number. I once tried a conversation with the previous owner but he wasn't very forthcoming. 

• Like 1

Interesting Simon, I've been looking at Craig's site again and there are not many contenders although there are several which seem to have been away from the Broads for some time. I suppose it could have been repainted too. I'm still a bit short though!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 23:44, BroadAmbition said:

And do it quick before they lugger off somewhere!

Sigh,    Now what part of the above did not compute?

Griff

I'm a busy man, I've not got the time to spend traipsing the tow paths all week, especially in East London. There's all sorts of dodgy doings going on down there. Most of which I'll have no part of! :default_wink:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Evening all,

Here's the Denham Owl, a Harvey Eastwood 37 photographed at Bowling, on the Forth & Clyde Canal last year. She was transported up there from Shepperton in 2017 by a lady who wanted to live aboard. Previous to that the boat had been on the Thames for a few years where it must have acquired the name. In wondering how far it may have travelled: at some stage an auto pilot has been fitted!

The lady didn't take to living aboard and if I hadn't bought it last October she may well have sold it to a student. Denham Owl is now berthed at Brundall Gardens. I would love to find out more about the boat's history in due course and there is still an advert online offering the Owl as an "air B&B" for Harry and Meghan's wedding!

Bowling.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Many thanks to Paul (Swancraft) who thinks it could be an ex Anchorcraft 

Looking at Craig's database again that would be Crystal Anchor - Alan Johnson boats at Acle also had one. 

I really do like them, they pack a lot of boat into 32 feet! 

• Like 1