Boats Far From Home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2019 at 23:34, webntweb said:

If you put 631W (on her stern in pic) in Craig's Database the listing shown is for 84D.

If you then go to the Listings tab there is no 84D but there is 631W - both listings have the same ownership details, and the same name Marie Luise. 

I wouldn't doubt any of Craig's listings but I am confused as to why it would carry two different registrations with the same name,

Wow!!!!! That's my old boat!!!!! I bought it from Connoisseur Cruisers in Wroxham, Norfolk in about 1998. My name is Alan Jardine, Marie Luise is my ex wife's name. It was then 84D. I had a business called Sonning Cruises. If you put my name plus Sonning Cruises in Google, there is a listing by getreading.co.uk about me and my beautiful boat!!! It's absolutely wonderful to see she's still afloat and looking pretty good!!!! She was launched in 1983. Thank you so much for posting this!!!! 👍 Any questions I'm happy to answer. I sold her (the boat, not the wife!!) in 2008. She went on the River Lee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Photos taken today by my son at Galgate Marina on the Lancaster Canal, ex-Golden Horizon and Southern Gem, complete with Richardsons logo. 

20200603_101546.jpg

20200603_100609.jpg

This one about 5 miles South of Galgate at Garstang is also ex Broads and is used as a livaboard..

20200604_081156.jpg

2 hours ago, Jemaki said:

This one about 5 miles South of Galgate at Garstang is also ex Broads and is used as a livaboard..

20200604_081156.jpg

I'm trying to remember the name of the boat builder for Kara Sea...it was Built by John ?

Getty images have a pic of a wooden Crown of Light at Capestang on the Canal du Midi. Unfortunately I can't post the pic as they want £150 for the image.

You can view it by Googling: Capestang Church, click on images then open the Getty image of the church and you should find a series of pics from the canal around Capestang.

Here's a familiar sight in an unfamiliar place.

It's either one of Appleyard Lincoln's Elysian Mk2's or it's later equivalent, a J G Meakes Madeira 27AC (and it's pictured off Two Tree Island near Leigh on Sea, Essex in November 2018).

Many on here will be familiar with the 27ft Elysian hull (designed by Hugh Easton) that can be seen all over the Broads.

Hugh Easton lived locally (Lowestoft I think). He was admitted to James Paget Hospital in June 2016 after suffering a fall but sadly died soon afterwards in early July and was cremated later that month at Waveney Crematorium near Beccles Airfield. His legacy lives on in his well known designs.

IMG_4657.JPG

• Like 2

This is in Trebes on the Canal du Midi after the drastic floods which hit the area. The Le Boat base is on the other side of the canal and this boat broke loose and ended up in the car park when the water went down. Another of their boats ended up on top of the lock gates about 500 yards further down.

We were in Norfolk at the time but when we got back the whole area was devastated.  We could only approach our village by road from one direction. Everything else was cut off.

This base has now been closed by Le Boat but I don't know whether that was the floods, or other reasons of economy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...