Boats Far From Home

What the fiddly flower petals are you all going on about???

Record Players? Crystal whatsits? Monaural??? You all gone mad? :default_blink:

23 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps as to what a 'wireless' is should be explained to our younger members!

Ahh now this one I know. You mean like a wireless phone charger, wirelesss headphones and stuff don't you? :default_smile:

16 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

No worries, I also chipped in :default_icon_redface: some say drift is one of the charms of the Forum!!!! :default_biggrin:

Drift? Now there's something else I know well too :default_smiley-angelic002:

• 1 month later...

There was a Polish Built Cruiser at Southampton a few years ago with the second helm on the foredeck. Did not get that.

I went "Whale-Watching" in 2017 on a very high speed water jet cat which had helms fore and aft in addition to a conventional wheel house, they were joy-stick, fly-by-wire. So much is like that now you can stick a helm anywhere.

Maybe hang round the neck controls, like a hiab driver uses would be good for stern-on and solo helms. Just a thought!

53 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

There was a Polish Built Cruiser at Southampton a few years ago with the second helm on the foredeck. Did not get that.

I went "Whale-Watching" in 2017 on a very high speed water jet cat which had helms fore and aft in addition to a conventional wheel house, they were joy-stick, fly-by-wire. So much is like that now you can stick a helm anywhere.

Maybe hang round the neck controls, like a hiab driver uses would be good for stern-on and solo helms. Just a thought!

There are some aftermarket wireless boat controllers available for electronically controlled engines, apparently if dropped the engines go into neutral.  Not sure what happens if you go overboard clutching the controller though - hope they have good insurance !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When we sold our Bounty 30 she went to Sussex,   Very similar to this one except this one has no bow thruster , solar panels, S.s mud weight which was electric.  Bespoke canopies front and back.     The woman who bought it got a real bargain , was maintained by Phil at Moonfleet and the inside was a picture with everything updated.    Sorry - just reminded me of our boat.  -    What makes you think I feel bitter.     She went for £20,000 , she offered us £16,000 encouraged I might say so by a certain Marina from down South.image.png.f7a02c370ebf74aa02327d0a8a2d18c5.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been looking through the folks photo collection today and found this one, taken at Watchet harbour sometime between 2001 and 2006. The boat with the blue hull appears to be an ex-Aston Aquafibre 42!

Possibly this one.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=4990&BoatHistory=7740.

Please excuse the dodgy picture quality, it's a photo of a photo and is actually a much wider shot. They had no idea the Aston was there.

20210131_135515.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

That's somewhere I would never expect to see a Broads cruiser and it was still in its Aston colours.

It certainly would not be my choice for passage in The Bristol Channel / Severn Estuary! Having sailed on there and regularly foreshore Wildfowled in the Watchet and Blue Anchor areas as a much younger man, it is a body of water I treat with huge respect.

• Like 2