Broadland Wave 2, Er, 2

Thanks for the pics Robin. I wish I'd been able to photograph the one at Wayford, I wasn't patient enough with my phone camera which seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. It could even have been the actual boat your Dad hired, certainly the colour hasn't changed (very 1970s). It was on a private mooring on the left as you approach the bridge, it may still be there next time you visit. 

• Like 1

Having the forum meet in the middle of the trip added a lot to my enjoyment. Here's Vaughan and Susie at Stokesby, just about to head south (posted with their permission). They emailed to say they had a great week, returned the boat yesterday and about to set off on their long journey home to southern France. 

DSC_0323~01.jpg

• Like 10

Simon, thanks for the write up and some great pictures! I am pretty sure we passed you at one point - sorry if we didn't make the connection; we certainly visited some of the same places!  Sorry to hear of your unexpected dip - so glad you had a LJ on. These things can happen in an instance and without warning, even to the experienced, which is why always wearing it is the best policy - certainly if boating solo!  Alison took a tumble when we pulled into the Phoenix Fleet dyke, to load our boat at the start of our week... She didn't go right in, but it was a nasty fall, with her leg catching the guard wire, she still has the bruises!

• Like 1