Signing Out...off 'tramping'!

Timbo

But I'm back Friday so should get a good four hours in on Friday, ten hours in on Saturday and five and a half on Sunday!:naughty:

I've ordered the sh black-water tank, and placed an order for timber for the aft doors and frame, looked out my tongue and groove and panel cutters and started on making a larger router table that is transportable.

Might have secured the services of a good seamstress...the type that makes canopies...thanks to my mercy dash with the pregnant lady last month. Oh, the baby is fine and well and was a 6 1/2lb baby girl called Thea.

• Like 2

I've been away for a month and whilst catching up I was horrified to read this -

' lines of decrepit wrinklies with hands clasping, at 'ten to' and 'ten past',  and noses only just reaching the top of the steering wheel.' 

What an appalling comment from a  member of the 'Events and Promo Team' and how sad that no-one has objected to it. Were a similar comment to be made about people of a particular race or gender there would  be an outcry, but it seems that the senior members of society are 'fair game'.  Shame on you, Timbo, and shame on you, NBN for not only allowing such a comment to pass, but also appointing  such a person to a position of authority.

Oh, I do apologise Kadensa if you were offended. I will, of course, await moderation of my forum post from the team. I will, of course, suspend immediately my work for the NBN while my position is reviewed by the team. I have taken the liberty of reporting my post as you have not done so. In the meantime perhaps you'd like to share exactly what 'such a person' you think I am? Feel free I don't mind in the slightest.

Of course, I am speaking as an individual here, shame? After stroke number nineteen in February, I'm up at 6 am on a June morning washing my own soiled bed linen so the carer won't notice. You see it may have escaped your attention but I tend to belittle and do my best to laugh at life's little niggles and speak and write precisely as I find. Dressing it all up in wishy-washy liberal descriptors is in my experience ridiculous. A very good friend of mine laughs uproariously when faced with a caucasian trying to describe his 'colour'. He's never seen such a stupid state of affairs. 'I am BLACK' he will roar.

In a similar vein, even though I've suffered brain damage, my face sags, I have a pronounced limp, one hand and arm won't work properly and I'm doubly incontinent... I don't have a problem being described as a cripple, proud to be classed as an idiot by MM and Ray, called deaf as a post or one that made me guffaw yesterday a 'crumbly'. I got 'spaz' the week before, last year's 'spavined' was a classic not heard in a long, long while. 

You see sat at the end of that tailback... I am a decrepit wrinkly with my hands clasped at ten past ten, nose peeping over the wheel of my adapted 'spaz car' praying everyone gets's a move on so I can pitch my tent near the loos and showers and I don't have to pull over to change my drawers again before I get to Norfolk. I'm quite aware of who and what I am, will do my damnedest to overcome what life throws at me, ever willing to talk about what it's actually like to those that are worried, and I will do so with a smile on my face and my tongue planted firmly in my cheek...mind that could explain my slurring and speech impediment when I get tired, it might not be the strokes at all! 

I will await moderation.

• Like 27

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

All 'B.A's crew are full members many times over and more often than not, for much more than £1 too

Griff

The Wench disapeared in there yesterday with my cousin nearly an hour later they emerged with carrier bags of stuff they never knew they wanted, while Keith and I sat drinking coffee like, well you get the drift.

Charlie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kadensa said:

I've been away for a month and whilst catching up I was horrified to read this -

' lines of decrepit wrinklies with hands clasping, at 'ten to' and 'ten past',  and noses only just reaching the top of the steering wheel.' 

What an appalling comment from a  member of the 'Events and Promo Team' and how sad that no-one has objected to it. Were a similar comment to be made about people of a particular race or gender there would  be an outcry, but it seems that the senior members of society are 'fair game'.  Shame on you, Timbo, and shame on you, NBN for not only allowing such a comment to pass, but also appointing  such a person to a position of authority.

Mod Hat OFF

Looking at Tim's original post it is obvious that this was written in jest, let's face it in the past I am sure we have all been chomping on the bit behind an older driver that should have relinquished their licence years ago, from our parts we have always called these drivers Flat Cappers!  

I am a 75 year old wrinkly and it didn't bother me a bit.

You might also notice that not another word has been said against this, Kadensa. 

• Like 14

Kadensa - was it wrong side of bed that day?  Have we become so politically correct and sanitised here in the NBN we can no longer enjoy each other's banter nowadays? 

'Shame on the NBN'? That's a bit strong,  one day I hope to be an old wrinkly mysen (if I ain't already)

Shame on you for missing the gist of the post and trying to make sommat out of nowt

Griff

• Like 14

I have a complaint.........several times over the years I have seen posts that attack us girls for shopping at Lathams, I would like to point out a couple of things if I may

1. It is a tradition for most female boat crews (Captains) to shop there at least once per visit

2. The rules being that we emerge from said shop with several full carrier bags

3. To buy things we neither want or need whether a pound or over is irrelevant

Okay, so that was three things

Now guys, you really should go in for a good old rummage, you might find you enjoy it, then you can post on here about a bargain or some such, compare notes with each other, I guarantee one of you will have got a better bargain than the other and argue who's got the biggest (bag of course) :naughty:

Sorry for going off topic and I'm not complaining really, thank you :party:

As for wrinkly old gits driving, you wanna be stuck behind a blonde in heels doing her make up in the rear view mirror :naughty:

Grace

• Like 12

I too thought it was just a jocular comment, particularly if you ever saw my mother in law who at just over 4'8" tall looks just like that when driving erratically down the road (particularly when you are in the car with her and she is commenting that such and such a house has changed its curtains _house 50 yards back off the road- and takes 10 minutes to pull out of a junction.

From Tims description I could just imagine myself following her along the road. I dont think it was meant as a derogatory term, more as a piece of descriptive prose, that painted a picture in my mind.

• Like 4

I also see nothing wrong with Timbo's posts.

Anyone who has read any of his other posts will know his writing style and sense of humour and also his own health situation. 

None of what he writes is meant to be disrespectful to anyone.

As to take one paragraph from one post and suggest that he is not fit to be part of the team ..... words fail me

This political correctness has just gone too far these days

• Like 10

Just now, deebee29 said:

This political correctness has just gone too far these days

I agree. In fact, in the last year and a half that I have been a member, I don't remember Kadenza making any post that was not a "horrified" stab at what someone else had said in all innocence. I think this is actually an insult to Timbo and if anyone's post needs reporting it is Kadenza's.

• Like 14

Please let's get back on topic, peeps. I think that it's pretty easy to see where we might be going with this.

As a gentle reminder, the NBN does care about ageism. I suggest that we occasionally read our Guidelines again.

Trolling ,   Racism, Sexism, Ageism, Political and Religious Intolerance ,   Flaming 

It is very easy to get passionate about things but if any of the above titles are abused then please feel free to bring it to the Mods' attention.      :wave

• Like 3

I have a complaint.........several times over the years I have seen posts that attack us girls for shopping at Lathams, I would like to point out a couple of things if I may
1. It is a tradition for most female boat crews (Captains) to shop there at least once per visit
2. The rules being that we emerge from said shop with several full carrier bags
3. To buy things we neither want or need whether a pound or over is irrelevant

In all honesty that sounds like any time a female sets foot out of the house and any random shop is nearby.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Back to this shopping nonsense. Why is it acceptable for women look in every shop and buy pointless items that WE then have to carry. 

When us men spot a chandlers, tool shop (often a power tool) or even a pub with great beer, then we are the villains. And those items we buy WILL be used at some point in the future before we pass away. We just haven't worked out when!!

:bow

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Sorry all but not being too computer savvy, can someone explain to me again what is meant by "Flaming".

Meanwhile back on topic, Timbo, RT is looking really good, do you have a planned data for getting her bottom wet?

Read the Guidelines, John! Or here:

Flaming 

Flames - posts that are excessively abusive, attacking, threatening, or aggressive in nature - are unacceptable and will be removed without warning.

Whilst debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, troublemaking or purposeless inflammatory posts.

We reserve the right to remove or moderate without warning, any messages that use insulting, threatening, troublemaking, provoking or otherwise aggressive language, or any member who consistently behaves inappropriately. Our decision is final in these matters.

Hi Mark guilty on all you mention above, Tan used to roll her eyes when I could not pass an antique shop (for old tools or china) her main concern was always the smell of old musty books.

In general you know us men have an idea of what we want to buy, where from and at what price (how much) and walk into the shop and walk out with the purchased item, no fuss and none of this window shopping.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Just now, grendel said:

thats why supermarkets keep moving stuff around on the aisles, its to catch us men out on a spurious purchase, once we cant find what we wanted we have to search the shop for it.

Hi Grendel,

Shopping and food shopping is two different beasts! Tan & I are going tonight for our Morrisons fix, We only bought a few items last week after out holiday so the fridge is looking somewhat bare.

I agree with the supermarkets moving stuff around, as you say it is to make you spend more, when Tan is not there I tend to go for the sweet tooth items and beer:naughty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Please let's get back on topic, peeps. I think that it's pretty easy to see where we might be going with this.

Quite right too - Now where was I? - Oh yes, there I was on the mighty Tiger dawdling along behind two wrinkly old 'Coffin Dodgers' on H.D's - Otherwise known as Harley Davidsons   :489_motorcycle:

Ooops,  Sorry - wrong topic - just getting my coat now    :naughty:

Griff

• Like 8

so in answer to a few points on here.......

1. who is worst when going into a chandlers, I seem to have this problem that I am unable to go into one without coming out with something......

2. La'thams..........guilty as hell !!

3. Timbo - best and greatest idiot that I have the pleasure to know, long may you continue to be that person.

4. MM - a passing aknowledgement as per no. 3 

5. Griff for prime minister.......

6. I thought flaming was a posh way of barbecueing.........

7. Been stuck behind a blond in high heels doing makeup in mirror, trouble is she was driving a 44 ton artic and using the wing mirror..

8. timbo for deputy PM

9. MM for home secretary

coat firmly on and running...................................................................................................................

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Quite right too - Now where was I? - Oh yes, there I was on the mighty Tiger dawdling along behind two wrinkly old 'Coffin Dodgers' on H.D's - Otherwise known as Harley Davidsons   :489_motorcycle:

Ooops,  Sorry - wrong topic - just getting my coat now    :naughty:

Griff

But they're  not bikes, Charlie, just fashion accessories! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Timbo said:

Oh, I do apologise Kadensa if you were offended. I will, of course, await moderation of my forum post from the team. I will, of course, suspend immediately my work for the NBN while my position is reviewed by the team. I have taken the liberty of reporting my post as you have not done so. In the meantime perhaps you'd like to share exactly what 'such a person' you think I am? Feel free I don't mind in the slightest.

Of course, I am speaking as an individual here, shame? After stroke number nineteen in February, I'm up at 6 am on a June morning washing my own soiled bed linen so the carer won't notice. You see it may have escaped your attention but I tend to belittle and do my best to laugh at life's little niggles and speak and write precisely as I find. Dressing it all up in wishy-washy liberal descriptors is in my experience ridiculous. A very good friend of mine laughs uproariously when faced with a caucasian trying to describe his 'colour'. He's never seen such a stupid state of affairs. 'I am BLACK' he will roar.

In a similar vein, even though I've suffered brain damage, my face sags, I have a pronounced limp, one hand and arm won't work properly and I'm doubly incontinent... I don't have a problem being described as a cripple, proud to be classed as an idiot by MM and Ray, called deaf as a post or one that made me guffaw yesterday a 'crumbly'. I got 'spaz' the week before, last year's 'spavined' was a classic not heard in a long, long while. 

You see sat at the end of that tailback... I am a decrepit wrinkly with my hands clasped at ten past ten, nose peeping over the wheel of my adapted 'spaz car' praying everyone gets's a move on so I can pitch my tent near the loos and showers and I don't have to pull over to change my drawers again before I get to Norfolk. I'm quite aware of who and what I am, will do my damnedest to overcome what life throws at me, ever willing to talk about what it's actually like to those that are worried, and I will do so with a smile on my face and my tongue planted firmly in my cheek...mind that could explain my slurring and speech impediment when I get tired, it might not be the strokes at all! 

I will await moderation.

Timbo carry on with your wit I like it :wave

• Like 10