Carp Fishing Lakes Wanted Norfolk

A colleague at work is looking for a carp fishery or syndicate with the possibility of 30lb plus fish. Currently he is driving to Essex to fish and would like a quality water locally. If anyone knows of such a venue please let me know.

I really don't understand the passion that some folk have for carp but if I shared that obsession then I would head towards the Waveney Valley or, if I didn't mind odds similar to a needle in a haystack, then I would head towards the Middle Waveney where 40+ pound fish have been caught in recent years.

• Like 1

Cobbleacre worth a try or the old Wensum fishery at Costessey which I think is now run by Barford Fisheries. Always large Carp in there when NDAA had it.Worth a call. Another syndicate is Lenwade Common lakes or The Bridge Lakes at Lenwade which is run by the pub.

Each to their own , but i find carp fishing totally dull and unimaginative. Fishing for a named fish thats been caught before, bite alarms, chemical baits,camo this camo that,  millions of unnecessary rigs, no magic  here  for me  at all. But it keeps the  thousands of carp squaddies off the rivers i suppose ! Give me a river any time ! Still, if it floats your boat........

• Like 6

I rather think it depends on the lake and the rules applied at that lake. I fishes one once where the poor fish had been caught so often their mouths were in a terrible state. The fishing was such that even a novice would be almost guaranteed to catch and to be honest I did not enjoy the experience one iota. On another lake, I blanked on all but one occasion and though the fish wasn't massive (about 15 lbs) it was a common in prime condition. I did enjoy each of those visits.

Generally speaking I enjoy all aspects of the sport though I am starting to have moral qualms about coarse angling. Nowadays I prefer Sea or Trout fishing. Fishing for the pot!  

• Like 1

John, I do understand where you are coming from on this one but I feel it is a mistake to confuse the 'carp industry' with angling in general.

I do have one great concern though, and that is the use of keepnets . I don't and won't use one myself.

• Like 2

Pretty much agree Peter. I don't "Match fish" but I do understand those who do, requiring a keep net. I also understand Youngsters having the delight of releasing the "days catch".

I don't use one myself but am generally ambivalent to those who do. Each to their own I suppose.

I ofeten see anglers with a weeks worth of fish in the keep net, and have seen said nets being towed from mooring to mooring. I would like to see them banned from the Broads outside of a day match. In sea fishing matches its all done on points now so all fish can be returned and not weighed in. Mrs W. and I also have a points system when fishing, a release the fish immediately, and at the end of the season the looser buys a meal, has cost me a fortune every year so far !!!!!!!

• Like 4