Evening Star - Refit

I'm pretty sure that's the stuff that Brian Wards at Brundall use for their panel engraving too. When Imade the new dash for out last boat, they engraves the panel to my design and then I fitted the clocks etc after bonding it to a sheet of half-inch ply.

I couldn't resist putting the name on too :naughty:

post-264-13671365097_thumb.jpg

She looks like she's coming along nicely Andy :clap

Yep!, looks like the same thing to me Mark. We have collected carpet and vynyl floor covering samples this week. I am comming up to Potter Heigham on Tuesday to get some of the woodwork done before Brian at HW can make a start on the patterns for the new seating area. As I said previously, it look like the windows will have to come out for the headlining replacement, still waiting on a final descision, but not looking forward to that! or the price.

cheers!

Andy

Just got home and thought I'd post up these before and after shots.

The removal was a bit of a pain as there were a few screws hiding, but on the whole, not too bad.

Ply panels straight forward. I found a length of right angle hardwood in B&Q to add a nice finishing edge to the front panel.

post-750-136713653321_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713653329_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713653336_thumb.jpg

So, our first setback... We want to tackle the headlining replacement as one of the first tasks as it is likely to create the most mess, but have today had it confirmed that the windows will have to be removed for sure - all of them!

I have today booked ES to be lifted and moved to the fairmile shed at HW for the work to begin, but they cannot move her until the 7th June once the scheduled work on thier hire fleet is complete. Brian Taylor reckons 2.5 - 3 weeks work to complete everything, so the good news is we will be finished before the summer, and we can still user her as is until the begining of June.

I am going to continue with the list of jobs I intended to tackle myself starting with the new inverter (see my post in technical questions regarding WAECO pp2000 Inverter) and power sockets, followed by new inset basin and therostatic shower in aft cabin en-suite.

cheers!

Andy

Blimey, I dont know - I read a perfectly reasonable thread about restoration and find myself reading about work! the company I run makes the cobex and vynalast engraving laminates - small world huh! Anyway - i am very envious - i have always like those lowliners, and she looks bleedin marvelous!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that no matter how experienced you are, when you set yourself a window of time to get a particular job done, it always takes at least twice as long???

Changing the Waeco Inverter (Due to original catching fire!) is a complete pain in the ar** as the revised (I am told much more reliable) model has a couple of important

differences that make the swap much more than just a disconnect / reconnect. Firstly the old model PP2000 has 2 twelve volt supply connections for both the pos and neg, so four cables in total

The replacement unit PP2002 has only one pos and one neg terminal for a single much larger 300A cable. Therefore the previous wiring installation requires replacement also. Not a problem, but time consuming. In addidtion the remote control switch module has the same telephone style connection and indeed both inverters have the same socket so the cable from the remote fits both devices, but for some crazy reason they are not interchangable.

I tracked down an engineer at HW who kindly provided me with a plate which they have had made with a remote switch for the new style inverter, that is the same size as the old Waeco one (so they obviously change a few of these then?). So after running a new twin core cable for the remote switch the supply and control side was finished.

Because the revised unit is a completely different size and shape to the old one, it has also required me to resite the domestic panel, all done now, plus the new isolation switch panel is fitted that alows the inverter to be isolated separately from the other domestic devices. Allowing engine services and inverter to be isolated while still enabling essential items such as bilge pump to be active during longer no use periods.

Back up on Wednesday to fit new wash basin and take a few photos.

cheers!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The wash basin looks like a very professional job, as do the sockets, but i`m not at all happy about you pinching the tele out of our kitchen :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Hi Everyone,

I could not resist posting these pictures. We took 'ES' out on the water on Saturday from Potter down to the Stracey windpump. First run since last November, absolutely fantastic.

Unbelieveable how dirty a boat gets just sitting on the mooring for four months! A couple of buckets of boatwash and a 5 minute hose down later (Thanks Sue & Tony at the Stracey) and Hey-Presto!

Back on Friday evening for the Weekend...

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713670142_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713670148_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713670154_thumb.jpg

post-750-13671367016_thumb.jpg

by smellyloo » March 22nd, 2010, 1:36 pm

Picky, picky me .... shouldn't the ensign be bringing up the rear?

Sorry, don't really have much of a clue on this, but the mounting pole has been measured about 100mm taller than the highest point of our boat and has been fitted so that it will fold back if it comes into contact with a bridge, so if it ever does, I know that it is very unlikely that we will 'make it'. At the time this was the only flag I could get that was the right size. What would be the correct flag to fly on the bow?

cheers!

Andy

Hi, Me again!

I thought a little while ago that 'ES' could do with some instrumentation for the upper helm as the only time the inside helm is used is if its raining! and that was not very often last year. 'ES' has no upper helm instruments at all other than a large orange warning light, although nobody has yet to confirm what it indicates, only to say that if it ever were to come on, it would probably be quite a good idea to stop somtime soon!

Tried a couple of layouts on the CNC mill this afternoon and settled on this one. Won't be fitting it though until she comes out of the water in June for the interior work, much easier to run cables then.

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713671332_thumb.jpg