Evening Star - Refit

I thought it might be a good idea to take a few piccys of the interior so you can see a before and after? I have pretty much completed all the work that I am able to do on my own, so far I have :

1. Made and fitted complete new instrument panel.

2. Fitted Digital TV antenna with 4-way signal distribution and fitted TV points in Saloon and cabins.

3. Replaced burnt out inverter and re-wired 240v system delivering power to cabins, galley and saloon.

4. Upgraded battery isolation.

5. Refitted galley.

6. Cut down and modified Port side saloon cabinet to form base for new seating / small 1/4 birth

7. Upgraded both shower controls to thermostatic type.

8. Fitted new inset basin and thermostatic mixers in main cabin en-suite.

The next stage is the stuff I can't do!

On the 7th June ES will be lifted and moved to her new home for the next two and a half weeks. During that time the following will be completed :

1. Remove all windows.

2. Remove and renew headlining (soft cream).

3. Remove all grey wallcovering and replace with same in biscuit.

4. Retrim cave lockers in light brown faux suede.

5. Renew all foam for matresses and seating and re-trim accordingly.

6. Fitt new carpets and vynyl floor covering throughout.

7. Fitt new curtains.

8. Re-fitt and re-seal all windows.

Anyway here are some pictures...

cheers!

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

:grin: Just take a few inches off those steps Jill and one would fit nicely where that bin is,, :grin: I like the boat and the size and the workmanship looks great, it's just all a bit new for me, but then thats just me,,

Regards Frank,,,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well we have started "Ripping her out" and my first thought is I wish I had never started, as it has got a lot worse before it can get any better !!!

What do you expect to find when taking down the headlining in a broads criuser thats been on the water for 18 years?

post-750-136713704807_thumb.jpg

What I did find very strange is the lack of air vent in the area above the hob in the galley? the cavity between the headlining and the fibre skin is permanantly damp with the formation of condensation when the hob is used with nowhere for it to evaporate? - A vent is being fitted next week.

Also fitted the upper helm instrument panel...

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713705093_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713705101_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! What a difference a week makes!! I took a trip up to Potter Heigham this morning to meet Brian Taylor of Herbert Woods. ES was lifted on Monday and the hull has been pressure washed and anti fouled. Most of the head lining is up and the rotten woodwork has all been replaced. All the upholstery is finished and some of the wall covering materials have also been fitted. Another week in the workshop and I'll be going back to refit the windows. All should be finished for the WRC meet on the 4th July!!!

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713711768_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713711777_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713712074_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713712084_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I saw Evening Star in the shed on the 7th, so she must have only just been put there. Looking absolutely stunning Andy :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap