Evening Star - Refit

Hi Col,

I must say, your seating looks fantastic! nice to see you on Saturday by the way. Yes, we did take the windows out, after releasing all the perimeter screws to get the inside trim off, the side windows were "loose". It makes good sense though as when they go back in the will be resealed so if we did have any leaks before, we definately won't after.

cheers!

Andy.

Hi Andy,

I have nothing but praise for Herbert Woods. My experience with them as a hirer over several years was excellent, actually "Evening Star" was an ex Woods boat and as they have a large private boat marina it just made sense to me to have our mooring with them. After all, they were already familiar with our craft. Another benefit is they have all the services you are likely to need in one place, and all at what I have considered to be fairly realistic costs. In particular, Brian Taylors work is exceptional. He is currently putting the finishing touches on our refit.

Yes, you are correct - We can't wait to have her back in the water, even though it's only been three weeks, it has seemed a lot longer. She's due to be finished for 30th June, so all being well we should see a few of you at the WRC meet on 3rd / 4th July.

cheers!

Andy & Sally

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so after the dissapointment of not being able to attend the WRC Meet after a last minute work commitment on Friday. I decided to put the rest of the weekend to good use and finish the electrical work on the ES refit. I made the journey up to Potter on Friday evening with my daughter (youngest who actually was surprisingly helpful !) I managed to find the light fittings I liked in brass with LED lamp fittments, so ultra low energy consumption! All the interior panel had been trimed and fitted so just required the installation of power sockets, lamp switches and the lamp units themselves - simples!! :dance Well maybe not quite so ...

Just waiting for the carpet and vinyl floor covering to be fitted on Monday (tomorrow) and the transformation will be complete. I must say IMHO the result is stunning. It has turned out to be all we had hoped for and more. Here are a few pictures, I'll post some more next weekend after the floor coverings are down.

cheers!

Andy.

Hi everyone, and thank you all for your kind comments.

The carpets and vinyl flooring to the galley were finished today and Brian says they look fantastic.

We will be out on the river this comming weekend so I'll take a few more pictures of the finished article. But will it ever be finished.......

If any of you are on the water at the weekend, please give us a wave! we will be heading for Reedham on Saturday afternoon.

By the way, the post that most of you seem to have seen (forward cabin) is the last of several I posted at the same time with pictures. If you go back to page 6 there are some before and after shots of the saloon and aft cabin...

cheers!

Andy

she looks really good , saw you out and about a couple of times last week i think you were in woods yard at the same time as us on sun 5th.

recognised the name of the boat but couldn't remember where from. gutted now i realise where from cos would have come to say hello !!!

hope you enjoy her x

cheers mandy cheers

• 2 weeks later...