Webasto weekend!!

Well after having my weekend onboard rudely cut short by heating failure, I removed it and brought it home for a good dose of looking at! After stripping it down I have to say, I'm amazed the bloody thing ran at all :o The burner was so choked up with carbon, that the glow pin was barely visible. Anyhoo, I've decoked it and got it back together without having any bits left over......Result! Now I have to wait till my next boaty visit to see if it actually works :lol:

Well after having my weekend onboard rudely cut short by heating failure, I removed it and brought it home for a good dose of looking at! After stripping it down I have to say, I'm amazed the bloody thing ran at all :o The burner was so choked up with carbon, that the glow pin was barely visible. Anyhoo, I've decoked it and got it back together without having any bits left over......Result! Now I have to wait till my next boaty visit to see if it actually works :lol:

Right Jimbo you can do mine next if yours decides to work.. cheersbar

Jim i hope you dont mind me asking

but does anybody have a second hand one that we could purchase that works?

dont fancy paying OTT prices when there is no need for it

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Jim i hope you dont mind me asking

but does anybody have a second hand one that we could purchase that works?

dont fancy paying OTT prices when there is no need for it

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I don't know of any Jonny, but eBay might be a good place to pick one up at sensible money.

Hi James,

Before you put the thing back in the boat have a good look at your exhaust.

I felt like a complete and utter pillock when the man from Eber found my exhaust blocked. He could not tell me if it was the exhuast that had caused the coking up of the unit or the coking up of the unit had caused the blocked exhaust.

I could, and I emphasise could, have saved myself a whole heap of the folding stuff if I had sorted that out first.

Rod

Thanks Rod I will check it is clear before refitting. Now where can I find a cooperative Weasel? :grin:

Old vacuum cleaner Jim, checking the exhaust and combustion air pipe is part of the anual service and an old vacuum is ideal, handy when decoking the buggers too, and as a starting aid when they're a bit flooded from start failure.

Old vacuum cleaner Jim, checking the exhaust and combustion air pipe is part of the anual service and an old vacuum is ideal, handy when decoking the buggers too, and as a starting aid when they're a bit flooded from start failure.

That would also work well David cheersbar But the ship hasn't sailed on my Weasel idea just yet! He seems keen, as I have promised him he will get a bath at the end of it :naughty:

Careful Jim, last one I sent down got stuck in the "U" bend and I had to use compressed air to blow him out the other end, it wasn't pretty and the R.S.P.C.A. were not best pleased.

Interesting................Now a compressed air chaser would aid cooperation wouldn't it ! :lol:

Antares_9 wrote:Old vacuum cleaner Jim, checking the exhaust and combustion air pipe is part of the anual service and an old vacuum is ideal, handy when decoking the buggers too, and as a starting aid when they're a bit flooded from start failure.

Joking aside this has been worth its weight in Gold.

The Webo equivalent of Easystart :grin:

• 1 month later...
Such cheek :lol: I'll have you know, it stuck up first time without even needing a bleed cycle :party: It's been running perfectly and i've been sat in my undies all weekend :naughty:

Thanks for sharing Jim, I'm not sure the vision of you in your smalls is one I want to commit to memory though. Pleased it’s all done in time for summer.