RNLI Sea Safety Checks

Guest JP-RDT

Hi All,

I'm a Sea Safety Officer from the RNLI based at Lowestoft.

We are happy to do FREE Sea Safety Checks on your boats - we don't go on and we are very realistic!!!! It's FREE - but we do like a cup of Tea!!!

We also can do talks/demos/clinics on Lifejackets - Flare Demos - so get a group together and lets have a chat!

any more info feel free to email me on info@rightdirectiontraining.co.uk

John :Stinky:Sailing

Sorry Mark - didn't foget about you, just surprised this thread isn't inundated with "Me Please !!" posts ! ;)

Having met John, I reckon we would have to book this up pretty quickly especially as its a Bank Holiday Weekend !!

Its a free service he is offering - we get to learn how to use a flare properly (I bet the majority of us have never even seen one) plus he might do a lifejacket demo - again (and hopefully) I bet not many have seen one deployed in real life !

I'll certainly be buying him a drink in the bar if we can get enough people interested !

Hi Luke.

Have already shared a few emails with John and asked if he could do something over the weekend.

I know that at least one of the 310 brigade has also offered a lift round the bay as well.

john is rightly concerned that leaving it untill Easter would be to close to people going to sea and has offered to do something earlier but as there is a good chance that no one will get out due to weather and also if we do there will be lots of boats within close proximatey of port then this is probably the lowest risk trip we have so at least we would all be prepared for stuff later in the year.

Hopefully John will be able to join us over the weekend sometime.

I would love to see the flare demo and very much welcome a sea safety check.

Ian

Guest chriscraft

Funny this came up,just ordered an inshore flare pack,for use insight of land,would support a sea safty check,really reminds you of what can go wrong,and what to do when it does,ask him to bring a lifeboat call out rocket /maroon,thier a really loud bang(just me the big kid!)!!