Tudor Reformation

Timbo

so I was given some homework, and as it was cooler in the workshop this morning I got started, wood was cut out, sanding and shaping occurred and now its got too hot to work out there a quick coat of stain was applied, once that is dry I will get some varnish on (once its cooled down again.)

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, grendel said:

the handles will need plugging after fixing, and the plugs sanding down, but I thought a couple of coats of varnish just to protect them a little and make them look a bit better, they will be varnished properly at a later date.

The old one were screwed from under neath as no deck beams in that area so not plugs required, you can varnish them to within an inch of your lift :default_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I decided that Royal Tudor could do with some appropriate ornamentation, so I have used my 3D printer to create a couple of badges, next to the paint booth.

On the question of painting I have been given conflicting advice, from the all white colour of the house of York, to the all red colour of the hose of Lancaster, but then we remember her name, Royal Tudor - The house of Tudor united the two warring houses, thus the colour should be the rose with the red outer and white inner.

So the next stage will be applying colour.

IMG_0083.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2