Bronze Gem 2 Review

I hired magic gem 6 a couple of years ago, in fact it heralded my return to the broads after an absence of several years. I didn't quite know what to expect as it was my first time on a bathtub as I had always had either c.p  or dual steer in the past.  Have to say I loved magic gem,  great layout,  very easy to handle, economical nanni engine, comfortable,  roomy etc

Probably the only criticism would be the after cabin bathroom being a complete nightmare to use if you are over 12 years old but that is all. Superb value boats, well presented and if I am honest in my opinions are unbeatable though I feel sure that many would beg to differ.

• Like 4

Richardsons went through a spate of painting boats white 3 or 4 years ago and the Magics were done having previously been yellow. For whatever reason the Bronze Gems amongst others missed this and have kept their 1970s orange. Richardsons are brilliant at updating interiors but I always think their exterior treatment is more haphazard. I'm not convinced plain white looks right either because it's a bit, well, plain. 

• Like 1

Just now, Broads01 said:

Richardsons went through a spate of painting boats white 3 or 4 years ago and the Magics were done having previously been yellow. For whatever reason the Bronze Gems amongst others missed this and have kept their 1970s orange. Richardsons are brilliant at updating interiors but I always think their exterior treatment is more haphazard. I'm not convinced plain white looks right either because it's a bit, well, plain. 

Kate and I did notice last week that a lot of the older offerings from Richardsons were looking very smart in retro colour schemes especially the grey/maroon finish 

On 7/19/2017 at 10:19 PM, Gracie said:

Much nicer in the pub, no prep, no cooking and no washing up :default_eusa_dance: Just don't tell CheshireCat I said that :default_norty:

Grace

Geoffrey Geoffrey, Austin, & Steve look Grace prefers pub breakfasts, not that I'd bubble her of course or should that be bubble n squeak her................ :default_hiding: 

Charlie

• Like 2

I think all the older coloured boats give some character to the Broads. I wish that the yards could find a way to stop turning out nothing but white boats with their newer models. Everyone notes how smart Summercraft look in their traditional blue and yellow. I wonder what they would choose to do with a new boat.

• Like 1