Putting Out A Pan Fire- New Option To A Blanket

Siddy

It's the blackened cooking oil on people's waterlines that I would worry about, not the BA!

Gadgetitus can become an obsession on a boat. If I were to fit everything that I might need but never will then I suspect that my waterline and rubbing strake would be one and the same by now! 

• Like 1

Hmm

Pick up pan of burning oil, flames probably licking the ceiling, try to carry said pan up steps with out spilling any on you or the boat. Without setting fire to the canopy, Open canopy,  Attempt to throw burning oil pan overboard with getting any on you or the boat.....

Er no...

I'll stick to a pan lid or fire blanket or maybe this new stuff. Or actually I wouldn't use hot oil like that on a boat anyway, in case a hullabloo comes thundering past...

• Like 4

I remember having a frying pan catch fire in my camper van, the poor soul walking past as it flew out of the door was rather shocked, as was the friend with a beard sitting right next to the door as it went past just in front of his eyes.

I'm with The Q. No oil pans onboard!!

although I know plenty of fry ups happen on hire boats and this is idiot proof. 

I do wonder how many people actually know how to use a fire blanket properly and even if they did would remember it in a panic?

this is a great idea. 

Would still have the fire blanket as well after having it demonstrated how they can be used for protection in a general fire situation. 

Just hope I never need to put any of it into practice. 

• Like 1

Glad you found this a good item and not to steep in cost but MM found a good price for a 3 pack ( I know I should deleted comment and MM will be the first to pick up on it). I went to the checkout but can't find the carriage cost without signing up.

What I will do after seeing that price is contact the company I found and try get a discount for the forum user to use direct. I can only ask. 

• Like 3

Great device, effective but more importantly, very safe to use. When I taught firefighting techniques, I used to demonstrate what happened when a pan of oil was sprayed with water - very spectacular and scary. I think these devices are a no brainer and almost idiot proof!

On 7/6/2017 at 11:38 PM, Siddy said:

Glad you found this a good item and not to steep in cost but MM found a good price for a 3 pack ( I know I should deleted comment and MM will be the first to pick up on it). I went to the checkout but can't find the carriage cost without signing up.

What I will do after seeing that price is contact the company I found and try get a discount for the forum user to use direct. I can only ask. 

I looked at both sites for 6. Although MM s site charged more for postage, his seemed to me to be the cheaper one.  Postage prices appear at the bottom of the sign up page but can be seen without signing up. If I read it correctly P&P was £3,95