Star Seen In Horning

Poppy

2 minutes ago, Poppy said:

We spotted Timoth West in Horning this morning, complete with a film crew.

I wonder what that was about ?

Great Railway Journeys

Yesterday afternoon Bill (Housden) our Collector of Tolls and Head of IT took the afternoon off to helm Olive, one of the wherry yachts, owned by Wherry Yacht Charter. This was for a special event, the filming of an episode of Great Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo. One of our launches helped the camera crew get the images they wanted.  Our Communications team are also helping a TV production company prepare for the filming of an episode of Great Canal Journeys with Timothy West and Prunella Scales later in the year so some interesting TV programmes to look out for in due course.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, springsong said:

An episode of Great Canal journeys is being filmed. A friends boat is being used Wednesday / Thursday / and Friday. I will let you know more when I know more although I believe I shall be on the support boat as from Wed.

What from Wednesday !!!!!!!

That does not give me enough time to get my boat out of the water.......:51_scream::51_scream:

• Like 3

What could possably go wrong :default_crying1animated:Apparently Norfolk marine are selling fenders at a rapid rate :default_biggrin: now u know why I stay south :default_beerchug: run for the hills peeps ! 

Just now, grendel said:

I think in this situation even blue fenders are allowed.

Yep big ones ! PS blue Fender's are cool they match my hull n don't liik filthy in less than a day :default_beerchug:

Given that its mostly staged for television ie " its a contact sport " which went down well with canal boater's everywhere like a lead balloon , hopefully TV has grown out of that and we won't get the same thing here , I really can't see Tim as a bad helmsman he's been doing it for too long , yea different boats and different areas of water  need different skills to a degree but I don't believe he's the person that crashes into everything , with a bit of luck it will increase tourism for the right reasons and show the broads as what they are a beautiful and magical water land and so very much more .

Will there be a national park reference ? Who knows I would hope not but I'm not t putting any money on there not being :14_relaxed:.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

......apparently they are heading for Yarmouth :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

It's on Faceache tonight!

Is it really !  , bearing in mind how massive Facebook ( faceache ) is a clue would be nice for those that wish to  check it out ! 

Joking apart, it's a great series and I always thought the Broads should be included. I didn't enjoy the recent India programmes however because I thought it was too far removed from cruising Waterways independently and became standard travel fayre. Hopefully the Broads programme will be worth watching and be good publicity. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sweetkingfisher is tucked up in cove,Brundall.So hopefully she will be okay!:default_blink:

Luckily we removed ours from Stalham at the end of last year, and I think we are safe on the Thames, I think he has done that alrrady, looking at all the damage to the locks and the gates lol...

We could do with him on the upper Thames, this last few weeks, to run aground a few times to help with the dredging. 

You can be on the great river Thames on a waterway a 100 yards wide, and run aground and still be 45 yards from the bank.

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

For fellow pedants that wish to advise Channel 4 that the Broads is NOT a national park:

http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/contact-the-channel4-com-support-team/id/400290878

I can picture pru saying "oh the Broads is a national park" and Tim correcting her saying "well no it actually isn't but the country folk like to say it is"

• Like 6