Tv Aerial

Paws

One of these with a maxview 12v booster and a pole from screwfix!

http://m.buyspares.co.uk/product.pl?pid=680213&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&mkwid=sGciv463c&pcrid=166155664440&kword=&match=&plid=&pdv=m&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8JXKkZui1QIVrjLTCh3L7AunEAQYASABEgKDm_D_BwE

Theres probably better websites to buy it from but thats the product Id go for, smaller than a standard house aerial and we have never been anywhere we couldnt get a picture yet! 

14 hours ago, Paws said:

We need a new TV aerial for our boat what would be the best one please paws

Hi Paws, 

We have used one of these aerials from Brian Wards for several years, they also do a telescopic mast to match, but I can not see it on their website. Also remember the NBN forum members discount.

http://www.brianwards.co.uk/audio-tv/televisions-aerials/image-420-directional-antenna.html

Regards

Alan

I use the same one Koolwabbit linked to on my boat and also have one for my summerhouse ,can't believe how something so small works so well, although it's not on the broads so results may be different there but works fantastic up in Lancashire and at home in North Wales..

When we moored in Ely on the Great Ouse, the reception was diabolical. We were recommended an Ariel which we bought on line for something like £25.00 It worked a treat. I don't know what it's called, and as. it's fixed on the roof of the boat I can't get to it to find out. It's appearance resembles a squashed cycling helmet, if that makes any sense. Until this year it's been great, but for some reason we've had trouble with losing the signal , we,don' know if it's relevent but we've got a sailing boat with a huge mast recently moored  opposite and we're wondering if that's the cause could it be interfering with the signal. It's only on our berth that we have trouble out on the river it's fine.

Carole

On 25/07/2017 at 9:17 AM, Koolwabbit said:

After reading this I decided to give one of these a try for our upcoming trip to the Broads and can't believe how good it is.

I plugged it into a tv in the house (indoor aerials have never worked in the past ) with the aerial on the window sill, retuned and it picked up all the channels. The picture quality is perfect.

It's omnidirectional so there's no lining up with the transmitter so think it will be brilliant on a boat. I've moved it around and there's no signal break up

The thing itself is tiny  only 130mm high so will take no packing.

must admit I was a bit sceptical when I opened the package but needn't have been.

Thanks for the heads up Nigel :default_beerchug:

• Thanks 1

Glad its working for you so far , one extra bonus is you don't have a daft looking aerial on a huge pole that you have to turn around to get a decent signal, don't know why people still bother with those ,things have moved on a bit since those were popular ...

Wow that's neat and obviously seams to work OK , iv a glomax at the moment its supposed to be unidirectional but does benefit from a bit of tuning in , OK on a fixed mooring but not good while mudweighted + its a bit cumbersome , where as this is magnificent in its compact size , may be the girls have been fibbing all along and size really isn't important :10_wink: , I await your findings while on the broads with extreme interest :default_beerchug:

Somebody should review one in various places around the broads to see if they work everywhere, maybe Robin could add an extra comment on the end of his reviews regarding std fit aerials on hire boats  vs the 3 inch one , mind you he has enough to do without adding TV reception to the list, or maybe it goes ,holiday blog,boat review,TV aerial review..

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 26/07/2017 at 19:19, deebee29 said:

I'll report back with an update after our trip in September but for the price it seemed worth a punt

Just spotted this. I did report back about this in my holiday tale but forgot to post here.

The aerial worked a treat, we got signal in areas that it’s usually impossible to get one by just plugging in .

highly recommended 

Just spotted this. I did report back about this in my holiday tale but forgot to post here.
The aerial worked a treat, we got signal in areas that it’s usually impossible to get one by just plugging in .
highly recommended 
Thank you kindly - my order's in (the boat will be ready January - can hardly wait!)

Any recommendations for 12v TV welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think the tv was a 240v LG on the hire boat.

as an aside we got some of those silicone anti slip discs from flea bay to stop the aerial sliding about and it never moved even in storm AIsline ( spelling?) and at the end of the holiday just peeled off without marking the boat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, High6 said:

Thank you kindly - my order's in (the boat will be ready January - can hardly wait!)

Any recommendations for 12v TV welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Dont bother with expensive 12v tv's. i've got one of these on the boat and use a cheap 150w inverter with no problems.https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-24c655-smart-24-led-tv-with-built-in-dvd-player-10106650-pdt.html

Paul.

• Like 1