Snap Davits

HI All

The dinghy I bought from Barry already has snap-davit pads glued to the side, made by Ceredi. They sell these in Norfolk Marine for £210 per set :o , which will obviously include the pads. I just wondered if anyone has come across them any cheaper? I did find a second hand pair of them online, but only the davits themselves, and I would also need to source the metal cleat that fits into the dinghy pad, which is proving difficult.....

You may find that weavers will fit Mark, easy to source and most snap davits are just a copy of them anyway, if you have a photograph of them I can advise better, they are brilliant, far better than ordinary davits on a sub 35 footer. If you arrange them properly the tender is just so easy to board from the swim platform, a bit awkward for stern to but no more so than regular davits.

Just had a look at some photo's online Mark, I definitely think you will be better off with weaver brackets on the swim platform, the ones you mentioned look a lot less substantial with plastic bits that could break easily if knocked whereas the weavers are all welded stainless. The hoops on the pads look almost identical to weavers and if you can measure the hole centres I will compare it with the Weaver spacing but I suspect they will be a drop in fit.

Hi Mark

I'm really interested in how you do this Mark - hopefully you'll have it all sorted for Easter so I can have a look !

What size dingy did you get ?

Also, once done, could you let me know what bits you bought, where, and how much please..

cheers

Luke.

OK, I'll measure up my weavers next time I'm at the boat Mark, that's 6" in real money then. :grin:

I'm going to have to fit some pads to the Walker Bay as we now intend to use that as our main tender instead of the Quicksilver, even just the PVC pads are a daft price :o

What size dingy did you get ?

Hi Luke,

I had Barry's Honwave T27 off him. Looks to be just about big enough for the 4 of us but still be manageble.

I've emailed Polymarine to see if they can also help with the size of the Weaver cleats, as they do sell these on their own without the pads (£28 each mind you :o ).