Volvo Penta

Ok Folks I need a bit of help with this one, a elderly guy who moors near me is trying to find a Manual for his engine, according to him it's an Inboard 1974 Petrol Volvo Penta 50, I've searched the internet for him as he dosn't have access to a computer, but I can't find any reference to this engine at all, so has he given me the wrong info or do any of you know where I could get hold of a manual for him,

Regards Frank,,,

As long as the info is correct it sounds like a MB20B at 53hp, it was made between 1969 and 1975.

There's some info an the owners manual here - http://www.volvopenta.com/VOLVOPENTA/UK ... gines.aspx

Type MB20B into the engine type box, search and then select the gasoline version.

Senators link shows the MB20 but you could just try yout local Penta dealer.

:party:cheers Neil, I did a few searches and everything seems to lead to that MB20B, I've just printed it off for him, only 53 pages long, mind you it has everything you'll ever need to know about the engine, next time I see him I'll double check it with the engine number, but as I say that looks like the kiddie, once again thanks,,

Regards Frank,,,

I might have it? I just did another check seems there are two versions the petrol (gasolene one) and the other is Kerosene/Paraffin which I presume is the same as diesel, if I type in Volvo MB20B it brings up the diesel version, if I go to the Volvo site and fill the info bit in it brings up the petrol one,,

Regards Frank,,,

I get the feeling Dave thinks there is only a diesel version of this engine.

I don't know that it's that, but the beginning of the thread did seem a little mixed up. Frank said:

according to him it's an Inboard 1974 Petrol Volvo Penta 50

and then after Ian posted his link he said:

Thanks Senator! I don't think thats the one, because he's is an inboard diesel

So Dave isn't the only one confused.... I am too ;)

:oops::oops: Sorry folks my mistake, I did put diesel in the second post, think my brain went into overload printing all those pages off, anyway thanks for all the help, hopefully it's the info he's looking for, I never knew trying to help someone could end up such a pain, I spent three hours trying to find info on the net and it didn't help that I didn't have all the right info, teach me not to ask here first in future,, :roll:

Regards Frank,,,